Monday, January 16, 2012

Change in the sleeping routine

Well, I did another thing that I had always said I would not do… I bought a DVD player for the car L Every time I go somewhere with Kyanne, it’s at least 20 minute drive to get there. I find it hard to entertain her while I’m alone with her. It’s funny because we went to Moncton today and she slept both ways and did not even watch it LOL!

Last night, I woke up every half hour from midnight to 2 am. When I looked at the clock and it was passed 2, I told my husband to push on his side and I was bringing her in. I pushed the dogs as well to make room for us. J I picked her up and she did not say a word when she landed in our comfy king size bed. Normally, we have to gradually get her rest but I could tell she was quite comfortable and she would stay without crying. Well, there you have it; she slept all night without crying once. Victor woke up at 7 and it did not even wake her. What woke her up was the cat wanting some attention... Ah well, I was well rested and decided to get up and we could have breakfast with daddy. Since she did not make a big fuss when she came in our bed last night, we decided that we would put her to bed in her own crib and when she first starts crying we will bring her in and she’ll realize that we are not going anywhere. I think this will help with the attachment. It’s unreal how much I feel that she is attaching more and more every day.

I weight her the other day and she has not gain... I think I spent all my energy trying to get her to nap during the day that I have not given her much snacks between our meals. The last couple of days, I’ve been reminding myself to snake so hopefully she will put a pound or so next time. She is now saying mommy more I find.

Today I had an appointment to physio. Victor took her for a drive in the mean time. When I got in the car, she was sound asleep. I then met my cousin Margo for lunch at our favourite place Calactus!!! It was good!!! We went to the mall after to get her ears pierced but I guess I needed an appointment. Oh well, we’ll have to come back another time. We stopped at Children’s Place to get a pair of sunglasses as she is always taking mine. At least these one will stay on her face!

Tonight she had a good appetite for supper. She ate everything I gave her. I put celery, onions and zucchini in food processor to hide the veggies in the Hamburg. It worked this time. She even ate all her rice.

That’s it for tonight. I was able to blog early. Nicole is playing with her. They are having so much fun. Renée works in a daycare and she knows a lot of kid’s songs. She wanted us to sing one tonight and we did not know the words we could just do the dance part with her. Half way through the moves, she stopped and raised her shoulders, meaning “Aren’t you going to sing?” LOL! I guess we’ll have to get Renée to write down the words.
 Kyanne's new sunglasses!
Kyanne fell asleep on daddy Sunday before lunch.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I think that is a great idea - to let her go to sleep in her crib, then bring her into your bed if/when she wakes up. We used to do that with Kylar all the time, and when it was time to train him to stay in his own bed, it wasn't so hard because he was used to falling asleep in his bed already. I hope that works for you!!