Thursday, January 5, 2012

Still no nap in her crib

Yesterday, she slept till 8am. Mommy was really happy. She however woke up 3 times during the night crying. The crying only lasted till I stepped into her room. She falls asleep right way. Today was another day at home. My SUV is at the mechanic and it’s too cold to go outside. We live on the side of the ocean and its supper windy and cold. Today we could see the ocean starting to freeze on the shore. I wasn’t sure what our plans were going to be until Liette called for a play date!!!

I got Kyanne to eat lunch and brought her upstairs to try and sleep before they arrived. I got her in our bed and she played with the dogs. I was lying down beside the dogs and she eventually got on top of me and rested her head. I could not believe it. I did not move LOL! She stayed for about 10 minutes and then she got up and started talking and pointing at the dogs. She wasn’t that tired I guess. Still!! She did relax on me for a bit. I then put her in the sling and got her to fall asleep for a half hour until Liette and Théo arrived. This play date was more interactive. It was fun to see them together and fun for the mommies to be able to talk. Théo did really good with the dogs. He wasn’t too scared them. By the end, he was touching them. I’m sure he’ll be running around with them this summer at the beach.
 So hard to take a nice picture of 2 toddlers!!!
 Liette is doing her workout!
We've waited a long time to take this picutre!!!! Priceless!!!

At 7 pm, I got her in her pyjamas, brushed her teeth and releaxed for a bit before bedtime. I don’t know if I mentioned this or not but Kyanne loves her shoes. She’s going to be a shoeaholic!!! I normally put pyjamas that have no toes so I can put her shoes on for her to sleep, but last night she had her long pyjamas and she still wanted her shoes. Daddy managed to make it fit LOL!
Da Shoe!!!
This morning, I could not believe it. She cried at 4:45 am for the first time. She slept all night. I went to her room and she was crying but still asleep. She did not even see me. She stopped and I went back to bed.  Not saying that I did not appreciate her sleeping thought the night but the next cry was at 7 am and she was ready with her arms open. So do I want her to wake up more often during the night and stay in bed longer??? I guess I will take whatever comes at me. I will adjust. Hahah! I picked her up from bed, changed her dipper and went straight to my bed. She relaxed again for the second time. We stayed for a good half hour till it was time for breakfast. She cuddled with me and then with Sam and George.



Breakfast is getting a challenge sometimes. She is now stuck on yogurt and nothing else. When we were all done, I decided to do her hair. The pictures say it all. In order for me to do her hair, she needs to stay busy. She was throwing stuff on the floor and at one point; she stuck her hand in the coconut oil jar and put a huge chunk in her hair. How can you not laugh!!!
This afternoon, we tried the bed again and she really stayed close to me. She crawls on top of me by herself and stays for a few minutes, and then she makes herself comfortable beside me, then with Sam and George. She is trying to figure out what is the best spot in that huge bed LOL!

Today she slept in the stroller for 45 minutes and relaxed in our bed for a good half hour but she did not want to sleep. I wish I had a magic pill to get her to nap. I’m pretty sure in a few weeks, we’ll have it mastered.  
We met Nicole and Renée in Moncton for supper. Renée was going to get her hair cut. Her hair is so long that she is going to donate it for cancer. I can’t wait to see her tomorrow. Kyanne was hilarious at the restaurant. She was making everyone laugh. Kyanne is used to eating coconut oil/butter on her bread, and in her hair, but this evening she had butter on her bread. She was not even eating the bread... just the butter. She took the little package of butter, but some in her hand and smudged it all in her hair! I could not believe it. She was laughing and making funny faces. Nicole said she is used to heating your coconut oil and then you put it in her hair so she was just doing like you LOL! Oh well, I guess it’s true.
Oh oh! It wasn't me mommy!

2 comments:

ourpartyof4 said...

So how is doing her hair?? Is it hard? I am nervous about that part of it :-)

Love all the pictures Sylvie! And how she always has such a big smile on her cute little face!
-Kate

Sylvie and Victor said...

The hair is not that bad actually. I was really intimidated at first but once you put your hands in there... you'll get it. I am trying not to do too much right now because they had the braids so tight at the O that I want her hair to breathe and be healthy. I just do twist without any elastics. They don't last long but it does the trick for right now.