Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bad dreams

As soon as I turned off my laptop last night after blogging, I was not in bed for 5 minutes that Kyanne started screaming. I quickly went to her room and she was standing up waiting for me. I found it very strange... I picked her up in my arms and realized she was wet. I changed her and she had done a big mess... poor girl. I brought her to daddy so I could change her bed. It had even wet her sheet. When it was time to get her back to bed, it took me a good 15 minutes to get her all comfortable. I don’t think I was asleep yet that she woke up a second time screaming loud. I got there and she looked scared. It was not the usual routine. To make a long story short... I had her in my arms from about 11:30 pm to 1:15am. I didn’t think it was possible to sleep standing up, but I’m sure I passed out a few times. I finally got her back to bed, but it was not a good half hour that she was back up. This went on till 5:30 am. I just couldn’t anymore. I didn’t want to get my husband to take over because I knew he would wake up early and I could stay in bed. I just want one day to sleep in. At this point, I was able to get her in our bed and she slept between us till 7:30. I was so happy!!! When she got up, daddy took over and went downstairs. I could still hear them, but I was so comfortable in my bed.
I guess I had a gut feeling last night that it was going to be a rugh one... we had one glass of wine and we switched to water. We were both laughing at each other saying how things have changed in the past month. Kyanne slept well all week long. I guess she knows daddy is staying home on weekends and he can help mommy in the morning. She had 2 bad nights on the weekends so far. I hope it stays that way because it would be hard to the next morning if I was alone.

Today we didn’t do much. We went for a nice walk. It was so nice outside.  We had a nice afternoon just the 3 of us playing and making her laugh. She loves to play peek-a-boo. When we chase her around the living room, you can tell by the tone of her laughter how happy she is. We just look at each other and thank God for the perfect match!!! We love her so much.
Before supper, I could tell she was sleepy. I brought her upstairs to change her dipper and asked her if she wanted to go in her bed and she said no right away. I walked in my bedroom and put her down by George to see what she would do and she stayed there in her favourite sleeping position... her little but up in the air while her head is down. I sat beside her and rubbed her back and she did not move. I was so impressed!!! I eventually made myself comfortable as well and we both slept for an hour. At one point, George heard something and she left barking. Kyanne woke up and got up quickly. I thought it was then end of the nap, but she turned and saw that I was sleeping beside her and she put her head back down. I was stunned. My baby girl is really coming around. Little by little... J
This evening, Kyanne decided she was taking a shower instead of a bath. We did our little routine and I introduced her to toothpaste this time. She did not mind it. When we were all done, I wanted to apply more lotion on her face. I put some in the palm of my hand and gently applied in on her face with my index finger. I was massaging her face at the same time. When we got to the living room, she sat on her dad and pretended she had cream in her hand and was rubbing his face with it and then came to me to do the same. It really amazes me to see how much she’s learning. I found that she repeated a lot of word today. She seems to be catching on quickly.

As I put her down to sleep this evening, I sat by her bed for a good 20 minutes watching her sleep. I just can’t imagine my life without her. I know I’m tired and have no time for myself, but it doesn’t matter. I am a happy momma and would not change anything.

I better get to bed in case she wakes up again. Tomorrow is a big day. The mommy group planned a family day at the Dieppe Aquatic Center. Kyanne is going to meet lots of new friends. I’m sure she’s going to love the water. I hope!!!
One thing I noticed today is that if one of us did not pay attention to her, she would get on the floor and start crying like the first few weeks. You can tell that she is looking for attention because she’s not really crying. I don’t know if it’s because we were both home all day??? Who knows! We’ll see if she does the same tomorrow.

3 comments:

Denise said...

That's sad that she is waking up crying so much :( Do you think she would sleep in your bed now? Or, what if you tried moving the crib into your bedroom so she is close by, can see you when she wakes up - but not sharing her bed? Another option might be to put a twin sized bed into her room so you can lay down with her in there if she is restless but sleepy. It's no fun not getting rest! Very common, but still not fun...
I love my dog, but when she barks while Amara is napping I see red - can't stand it when she wakes her up, so I usually lock her up downstairs or outside if it is nice out. She thinks it is torture, but so far she hasn't died from it, lol.

Jolene said...

It's too bad that she is reluctant to sleep with you, it's obvious that she wants/needs you. Perhaps being close but not too close like Denise suggested is the way to go...

Another option in addition to what Denise said, perhaps you could try to put her to sleep in a play pen next to your bed?

The Drinkwaters said...

One of the tips that was passed onto me by other Mamas was about the crib. Maybe this will help a bit in the middle of the night for those diaper explosions?

When you are making the crib, layer water proof sheet/crib fitted sheet - water proof sheet/crib fitted sheet (you might even be able to do three layers of sheets). This way in the middle of the night you can pull off the top layer of the wet, soiled sheet and water proof one and there is a new, clean layer underneath. Remaking the crib bed with sheets is not easy - especially by yourself!

Hoping that you were able to catch up on some sleep!