Saturday, January 14, 2012

Family Day at the camp

Last couple of days were pretty relaxing for Kyanne and mommy. We stayed home and had fun. On Thursday evening, I decided to take out her little twist in her hair. Victor got her all comfortable on his laps and she let us play in her hair. She did not move once. Next thing you know, she was sound asleep. So much for my intension of washing her hair in the bath! We finished and got her in bed.
Things I have observed this week:
·         She is saying more words or at least trying to say them...
·  She loves brushing her teeth.
·         She loves her Cartoon “Cornemuse” I don’t really want her to watch TV, but she loves that show. When we get up in the morning, she will sit in her little chair and watch it while I do the dishes.
·         She is even cuddlier with the dogs now. She truly loves them.
·         She’s getting to be friends with Sponge our cat. She gives her lots of treats.
·         She's always looking for daddy when he’s at work.  She points outside and says “Daddy”! You should see the look on her face when she sees him come in the door. Priceless!!!
·         She is now very comfortable to sit on the couch with us. I think her fear of being left alone is almost gone.
·         She loves having a routine because she knows what’s coming.
·         She will randomly come to us and give us a kiss

Look at me mommy!!! Aren't you going to do something with my hair? LOL!
Ready to it the town!

This weekend is all about our family. I think it breaks Victor’s heart to see that his little girl is missing him that much during the week. I think everyone noticed how she comes to me all the time now and she wants to be in my arms. She knows mommy is not going anywhere. Even Nicole noticed when she tries to pick her up in the morning before she leaves for work. She tries to have a few minutes with her before she leaves, but Kyanne wants to come in my arms.
This morning, Kyanne was a good girl and slept till 8am. We were all rested and were all happy that daddy was staying home. We slowly packed the truck to go to the camp for the day. Everyone came. We had a lovely time. It’s not often we get to be the whole family. Even Amanda, Nicole and Renée’s half sister came. The simplicity of being at the camp is what I love. We played in the snow, went for walks and laughed!!! Poor Kyanne only had a little nap of half hour at lunch time. When we left after supper to come home, she was passed out before we got to the main road. She was exhausted.
Family Picture at the Camp!





Kyanne getting all cozy by the fire.

Sisters!!!





Kyanne was all depressed! Daddy had gone outside to load the 4 wheeler in the truck. I think she thought he was leaving without her.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Yay! So good to hear she is feeling more and more attached - especially to you :) Must feel wonderful!!

Sylvie and Victor said...

It feels so good! I just don't want that feeling to stop.