Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Against my belief... Kyanne got vaccinated.

Kyanne went for her booster vaccines yesterday. She had 3 needles L Poor girls cried at each, but was able to feel the comfort and protection on me and stopped crying a few seconds. She even stayed all cuddled up on me after when the nurse was talking to me. She was all relaxed. I really felt the bond at that moment. She knows that mommy can make her feel better and will be with her no matter what. Being all holistic, I really had a hard time making the decision to bring her in for her vaccines. I have read so many studies and articles about side effects that I could not see myself brining her to the Dr. Office for that. I had a chat with my cousin who also has the same believes as me... and we came to the conclusion that she already had the first dosses and some of them 2 dosses of the vaccines. So basically all there was left to give her was the last boosters. So mommy went along and gave it to her. L

5 comments:

Jolene said...

I share some of your beliefs... it's so hard to make those decisions. However, coming from a town of at least 60% complete naturopaths/holistics etc... I cannot tell you how many times I have been in the ER next to a very sick baby, wheezing and struggling to breathe ... and unfortunately, it's the same thing every time - unvaccinated baby suffering from Whooping cough etc.
However, I hear your concerns... I do not vaccinate where not necessary - H1N1, flu shots etc. I cringe at the thought of all the mandatory vaccines we will need to go to Kenya!! Ugg.

Sylvie and Victor said...

Same concerns Jo. True... with all of you going to Kenya... you must have to take a lot of vaccines before you all go.

Joy said...

I was glad in some ways that I didn't really have to think about it with our kids - I likely would have done vaccinations with reluctance in the end, but the choice had already been made for me - the boys will need age 4-6 vaccinations in the next couple of years, and we finished up Lily's with her 15 and 18-month ones for the same reasons you did - figured we may as well complete the series. And I have not done flu shots for any of us this year (I always avoided it as much as possible when I worked at the hospital, and now that I no longer work there, don't really have any pressure to have it done).

Denise said...

I did Amara's vaccinations only because I wasn't sure if I needed to for finalizing her adoption. Then, I thought I might as well do the booster shots...same as you. I didn't do the MMR shot though. I still haven't. I probably will at some point, but not yet! Giselle will probably be the same thing. I will hold off on it for awhile and then give her her boosters :(

Sylvie and Victor said...

I did give her the MMR :(

y cousin's child was rushed to the hospital just before Christmas with a severe ear infections and the fluid was going in the brain. Don't know all the technical terms and what happened but at the end he had to have surgery. They seem to think that if he would had the MMR vaccine, it could of probably been prevented.