Friday, January 6, 2012

6:30 am ... ready or not!

This morning, I was drinking my coffee at 6:30. I hope she doesn’t get up earlier than that!!! She didn’t cry too much in the middle of the night. It was more toward the morning. Each time I went in her room when she cried, she had her eyes shut. I don’t know if I should wake her because she’s having bad dreams??? I normally just tell her in a soft voice that mommy is here, touch her beautiful face and she stops crying. When she had her arms stretched out of the crib, I picked her up and we went to my bedroom. She actually slept beside me for a good 10 long… minutes and then it was time to play. Sam and George just looked at me and they put their heads back down. Not a chance they were waking up that early.
I almost had tears in my eyes. I was cleaning the dishes and she started banging on the patio door saying ‘daddy!!!’ I went to look and there was a man in our front yard with a hood and hat that we could not see his face. Poor girl is missing his daddy. I am so happy that today is Friday and she’ll get to spend some quality time with daddy all weekend.
Once we were done with breakfast, we packed up and headed to see my mom. We stopped in Shediac to go see Renée and Chris before they headed out to Halifax for the weekend. They were coming to my place for the morning before leaving for Halifax but I decided to go see my mom. It’s so nice to see my mom so happy when she sees Kyanne. Since my dad past away, she hadn’t been herself. She always had a worried look, but Kyanne took that away.  On my way there, Kyanne fell asleep. A ride that usually takes 20 minutes from Shediac… well I stretched it for a full hour so she could sleep.
I guess grand-ma has the magic touch. She was rocking Kyanne in her chair and she fell asleep. I was so happy to see that!!! We got her dressed in her coat not long after and we headed home so she could have a nice long nap. Once we got home, she was still sleeping so I left her in the car in the garage and stayed in the entrance so I could see when she wakes up and I did my exercises while I was waiting.
To my surprise, I got in the house and it smelled clean!!! I did not know what was going on because when we left the house… it was a mess. I then remembered that Renée was going to come over to wait for her drive. She’s such an amazing girl! I sent her a message right away to thank her. I honestly don’t think the house has been that clean since we got home with Kyanne. I sat down and realized that I think I need someone to clean my house. I’m not super woman and I hate cleaning so!!! I might start looking.
My god-child, Anabelle came this evening. Kyanne is finally opening up to her. For some reason, she did not want Anabelle to play with her. I’m so happy that I get to see Anabelle more often now. She’s such a busy girl that you need to schedule an appointment to see her hahah!
Kyanne got us laughing this evening. She was running around the kitchen and all of a sudden, she stopped and waved her hand saying ‘pee you’ and ran to the staircase pointing upstairs. I went to smell her and it was true. She did not smell too good. What a smart little cookie! She knew it was time for mommy to go change her dipper.  
Right after her bath, she did not even stay on daddy for 2 minutes that she was pointing upstairs. I picked her up and she said bye bye to daddy, gave him a kiss. And let not forget the dogs. She has to give them big kisses and hugs. I can’t believe how smart she is. She knows the routine now. I was not a big fan of routines. I was always saying, when Kyanne gets home, we’ll just go with the flow… Yup! That isn’t happening. I realize now how much children need structure and a routine. She is picking up so much. She’s just like a sponge.   
Kyanne decided that she was going to take out the dog hair LOL!


Kyanne and grand-ma!


 My mom took out my doll stuff from when I was young. Kyanne decided she was a doll too!

Kyanne sleeping in my mom's arms. I wish it was in my arms...

Kyanne and the lovely Anabelle!

Kyanne eating watermelon with her daddy xox.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my - I hate early mornings and am already praying that Giselle is a late sleeper... I think I might be out of luck though. At the orphanage the kids get woken up at 5:30 am!! If that's my life when she comes home I won't make it, lol! So wonderful that she and your mom have such a connection. Nothing like an innocent child to help bring healing to broken hearts. Your comment about routine and structure made me smile - so many things we change when we realize it is good for our children... a sign of a wonderful mom. As for getting a cleaning person - do it!! It will only give you more inner peace and time with your angel :)

Jolene said...

Awww... what a well natured dog you have!! Love that photo!

Jolene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.