Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Playdate with Théo and Liette

Kyanne was a good little girl last night. She knew mommy had a backup plan.  She did her normal routine of crying ever half hour early around midnight to 1 am and then after 4 am. This morning, daddy went to work a bit later again so mommy slept till 8 am. I never thought I would get this excited for sleeping in till 8!!!
I think I’m getting pretty good at getting ready in the mornings now when we have plans to go out. I don’t seem to be running around not knowing what I’m doing. It’s getting easier ever week. We got dressed in our sweat pants to go to Beausejour Gymnos for a playdate with Théo and Liette. As soon as we got in the car, I could tell that she was going to have a nice nap on our way there.
We had a great time at the gym. Both Kyanne and Théo were running around trying new things. Kyanne especially enjoyed the trampoline. I guess mommy will have to get her one this summer to put outside. We even saw one of the girls from our mommy group and a girl from our work. After an hour of running around and playing, we went for lunch and Boston Pizza to finish our playdate. Daddy even joined us. On my way home, I did a little detour to get a coffee with shot of espresso at the Second Cup drive thru. As I was enjoying my cup of coffee while she was sleeping in the back, I switched the children cd that was playing to something that I liked and decided to continue our journey and go see my mother. We stayed there till supper time. It was so funny to see my mom today. Some guy came to test her water and she was telling him our adoption story. She even showed that random guy the play crib and dolls that she took out from the attic for Kyanne to play with. This is my old stuff from when I was young. I guess she’s a proud grand-ma!  Before we left, I went to the washroom and as I walked back in the kitchen, my sweet girl had a container full of fruit loops!!! I could not believe it. My mom said it was a good snack...NOT!!!! How could I take it out from her now... She was really enjoying them. I am failing so bad at making her eat healthy it’s not even funny. While I’m on the food topic, I might as well tell you all that I think I am addicted to chocolate now. It’s strange but every time I finish eating, I need to eat chocolate! That has never happen to me before. I honestly feel that I am falling off the wagon. I seriously need to get focused again and eat healthy. I can’t even believe that I am going to tell you all this. At lunch, the children had a free dessert. We had options of fruit salad, ice cream and chocolate cookie. Liette got fruit salad for Théo and I got the chocolate cookie for Kyanne. Never in a million years would I have ever ordered a cookie if I was in my right mind!!! Kyanne took a few tinny bites and mommy ate the rest.
So tomorrow we are expecting 10 to 15 cm of snow. I am really excited. We’ll finally be able to do winter activities outdoors.
We had a good laugh this evening; I was telling René’s friend how much Kyanne is learning from imitating what we do. I said she’s a real SPONGE. Well Sponge is the name of our cat and as soon as she heard me say Sponge... she started looking everywhere and making the noise we do when we are looking for the cat “pspsps”!!!
 Kyanne getting ready to eat her fruits with chocolate fondu!
 Kyanne and Renée having fun.









 Having lunch after our playdate at the gym.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Your comments about eating healthy make me laugh, Liette :) Children change many things about us that we would never expect! I try to offer lots of healthy food to the children, but I also don't want them to grow up and eat junk food like CRAZY when I am not around to monitor them... so I think letting them eat some things that are not as healthy once in awhile is fine. I find now that when they eat lots of junk (like at halloween) they don't like how they feel. Amara tells me her tummy hurts and I make sure she knows it is because her tummy doesn't like very much candy. Just a little bit.
As for loving chocolate now - chocolate isn't all bad! Just eat dark chocolate as much as possible. I read once that eating a little bit of something sweet after a meal tells your brain to shut off it's hunger feeling. It tells you you are full, so perhaps its not such a bad thing ;) So good to see you out having fun with Liette and Theo - just like you imagined!