Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First date!!! Happy Valentine's

Kyanne and I baked cookies for valentine. They were supposed to look like hearts but I think we failed.  Once again, I realized that Kyanne is too young to be baking. Too much of a mess. I turned around for a second and she had 2 eggs in her hands. Luckily I was able to grab them before they landed on the floor.




Last night for the first time, my husband and I went on a date for Valentine’s!!! We didn’t confirm till the last minute because I was sure I was going to back out. I realized that I had to do it sometime. I desperately wanted to have a nice site down meal that someone was actually going to serve me and not have food thrown at me or someone putting food in my mouth that I did not like. I asked Renée and Chris to come over to stay with Kyanne because I was not sure if Nicole was going to work overtime or not. All was going according to plan. We left in the morning to go on another play date with Liette and Théo at My Gym, Kyanne slept on the way back. I was very brave yesterday. I even left her with daddy for a couple of hours to go for a Reiki session. When I got back all relaxed and happy, daddy announce that Renée called and they were going to come and pick up Kyanne and bring her to Shediac for a drive to see Chris’s mom. Ouff! I felt like I got hit by a train. My heart was pounding and I felt like I had a potato stuck in my throat. I did not know what to say... I took my 2 weeks to finally decide to go out for a few hours and leave her home; but for her to leave to house without me. Not ready for that. I took a few deep breaths and came to my senesces and realize they were only going to Shediac, not even 15 minutes away and they were coming back. They were not brining her to Hong Kong for a month!!! I called Renée and told her it was ok, but I didn’t want them to come and pick her up before we were leaving. It was really strange, watching Renée leave with my baby bag and Kyanne waving bye to us. L

On our way to the resto, I had shape pain in my abdominal and still had a nervous feeling. I need to get a grip I guess! I know she was fine. She absolutely adores her sister Renée and Chris. On our way there, I even checked in the McDonald’s parking lot... making sure they did not bring her there for supper. LOL!

We had the best food ever! We were there for a good 3 hours. We laughed and laughed all night long. It was nice to be able to talk to each other without one of us running around trying to wipe her nose or stop her from eating dog food. After a few glasses of wine, the stomach pain went away. Mommy and daddy both texted Renée to see how they were doing. We could not get our minds off her all evening. We were always talking about her and showing pictures to everyone. Even if she was the hot topic of the evening, it still felt good to relax and enjoy each other’s company. For our valentine’s gift, we are treating each other to a massage on Friday. Can’t wait!!!  

1 comment:

Denise said...

It is HARD leaving children for the first time - but so good that you and your hubby had some alone time. It's very needed!!