Sunday, April 26, 2009

Family and Friends are the BEST!



Family and Friends are the BEST!

April 25, 2009 – Last night for me did not end all that good. I did not sleep at all. The adoption was processing in my mind all night long. I was thinking, what I was going to do if I got a call from our SW next week and its bad news. Saturday morning, I got up and ran to my laptop to check my yahoo group and received an email from Isabelle telling me not to worry and call her. I decided to go jogging first to be able to relax for the rest of the day. I gave her a call after lunch and she explained to me that they went through the same thing when they were in the process of adopting to Ethiopia. She said it delayed the referral for 1 month. She said that when Imagine got the audit, they passed without any problem because they are all up to standard. That phone call made me feel so much better. I know that we are still not certain what the immigration part is all about. Hopefully our case worker will reply to my email on Monday with some answers.












Funny thing today, only in April and we were out sun tanning on patio, when I got back from jogging, I had a sunburn on my face. I kind of look like a raccoon LOL! Today is Renée’s 19 Birthday. We had a family super planed and because of the nice weather, it turned out to be a party full of family and friends. This is what happens when you live on the beach. I would not trade our place for the world. Friends and family are always dropping in to see us and we just love it. Having all these people at our place yesterday made me realize how fortunate we were to have such good people surrounding us. I was still thinking of the adoption during the day but it was again with excitement. I was back to my old self… I mean young self LOL!!!!

1 comment:

A said...

What a wonderful, wonderful blog!!! Thanks for sending me the link. I have my fingers crossed for you that you will get your call soon. My God, how things have changed since our daily drive to CompuCollege huh!? I'm so happy for you and proud of you for going after what you want. I can't wait to read all about Kyanna. Who knows, maybe I'll start posting mommy type news someday soon! :)
I'm glad I got to read your journey so far... keep posting, and keep smiling.
Angele, xox