Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The shocking FACTS!

Well here it is...

Here is some information that has been going on with our adoption. At this point I am speechless.


The Canadian High Commission has concerns with respect to the Hands of Mercy orphanage in Ghana. The adoption authority (The Department of Social Welfare) has provided conflicting information about the orphanage to us (the agency), as well as to the Canadian High Commission. Given this, we are attempting to seek clarification in an effort to process our adoption files. Daily communication with Ghana is ongoing in order to seek a resolution as quickly as possible.We have been advised by the Department of Social Welfare that The Hands of Mercy Orphanage is not closed, and the Orphanage Director has further advised us that the home continues to operate and facilitate adoptions into the United States.

The Canadian High Commission is extremely hesitant to process adoption files and issue travel visas for Canadians wishing to adopt from Ghana.

So basicaly, the program is currently on hold, until a clear resolution can be found between Social Welfare, the orphanage, and the Canadian High Commission.


After this weekend, I had lots of time to process the news and came to the same conclusion as always. Whatever Victor and I want, we have to work EXTREAMLY hard to get it. Nothing is handed to us. We have to fight for everything we want so I am under the impression at this point that the battle is just staring to bring our baby girl home. I will certainly not give up. If I have to fight against a Country well so be it. I am up for the challenge.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I think adoption is often a fight... and for some reason life doesn't come easy for everyone...
I'm with you on this journey.

A said...

It might seem like a hard fight, but I'm sure it will be so worth it when you get your little girl.

Here is a good quote that I read often.. "Obstacles are merely a measure of your desires". If you give up immediately, you didn't really want it in the first place. So this is just a little test that will soon pass - keep the faith and remember that you have people watching over you.

I can't do much yet, but if I can help in any way, please let me know!!

Angele

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Jess. No matter how many times we were warned that this could be a ridiculously challenging journey, I'm sure we all fantasized our own would be perfectly smooth. It may be a battle, but we are not alone and we know that it it worth fighting for! It will be okay!!