Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weekend that did not start as planned

April 24, 2009

All week, it was announcing a sunny and warm weekend. We had a nice Friday evening planned out with friend for a BBQ at our place. Before I left from work, I received the Imagine Adoption Monthly Update email at work. I read the paragraph for Ghana about 4 times, not really understanding a word they were saying. It was basically saying that some information was being transmitted between Canadian High Commission Immigration in Accra, Ghana and the Hands of Mercy Orphanage. They also said that they were asking people to contact them prior to sending an application for Ghana. That just doesn’t sound good in any shape or form. To top it all off, all orphanages in Ghana are being inspected. So much for the smooth process that we were enjoying so far. It seems that something else had to hit me right in the face. So far my 2009 year has not started on the right track. I was driving home from work and was rushing to post a message on my yahoo group to see if other members understood that update. As I was about to write the email, I seen 2 new post, asking the same questions as I had. Let’s just say that my BBQ did not go as planned. I was not able to follow my friends conversations. I was in a total other zone and refreshing my yahoo screen every 5 minutes to see who else posted an update. By the end of the evening, after midnight, I got a little bit of hope from one of the families that posted a message that said that they had spoken to their social worker and Imagine was trying to resolve the issue with Immigration as quickly as possible. So at this point I am going crazy. We’ve gone such a long way to get where we are right now that I can’t afford to lose this wonderful excitement in my life. This is what’s keeping me going right now.

Tomorrow will be another day and hopefully I will be able to enjoy Renée, my stepdaughter’s 19 Birthday. I guess I will have to wait to talk to my case worker on Monday and see what she has to say.

That’s it for now.
Chow!

No comments: