Thursday, May 20, 2010

Adoption news from GLA

On my way home from work today, I stopped at the mailbox and by my surprise, there was a letter from GLA. As soon as I got home, I opened it and found all kinds of pictures on an 8 page newsletter.

In the news letter, they had:
  • Pictures of the children that left after the earthquake and are now home with their Forever Families.
  • Pictures of volunteers and found ours in the page!!! It brought back so many memories.
  • Pictures of “Children Here for Adoption”!!! I was so excited to see those words. As soon as I scanned the pictures, I saw my little princess, Wislande. There she was with her big smile. It says on the picture that she was born on June 9th, 2009. Nadége , a little baby girl that we were able to see when we were there is available as well for adoption.
  • In the Adoption news section, Dixie stated “Starting June 15, I will be proposing children again to families on our waiting list. Waiting until June will give the Haitian government 6 months to get up and running.”

 June 15th is my Birthday so it’s going to be a positive start on the referrals!!! There is approximately 20 files waiting on the list for children and 10 children are currently available. By the time Dixie is back from Europe, I’m sure there will be more for adoption.

*************************************************

This Saturday, we are having a collection fundraiser for GLA in my hometown Cap-Pelé. I already have my trunk full and part of our garage so I’m sure we will be able to fill out the container that will be leaving Halifax in June.

No comments: