Thursday, February 10, 2011

Finally… some light at the end of the tunnel!

This was on Dixie's post (GLA) last week "We have 34 children needing adoptive families.  We have only 6 dossiers completed and in Haiti.  We are looking for Christian Families to adopt these children! " Happy happy… we are 1 of the 6 dossiers.

An adoptive mother that is on the GLA Yahoo group emailed me this week saying:"Dixie said that she hoped to offer referrals within the next week or so, as she is just getting paperwork together. " I've never had 2 good adoption news in a row so this was really exceptional.

As I have just stated 2 good news in a row is not the norm so on the same day that I got the news that Dixie was preparing paperwork to send out referrals, I found out that NB had CLOSED ADOPTIONS IN HAITI as of January 14, 2011. As you can imagine, I sort of flipped out. I will tell you the short version of this little episode… Our NB Representative for Adoptions assured me that we would still get our referral. I was so scared because Dixie had posted on her blog a while back that a couple would not be getting their referral because their Country had closed adoptions as well for the time being. I felt so bad for them. I cannot imagine what they are going through.

5 comments:

Madame Moiselle said...

Oh Sylvie, you had me worried! Thank God they will still allow you to continue your adoption. I am so excited for you that you will soon receive your proposal! I can only imagine how excited you are. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so excited for you!!!! I hope you get a referral soon!!! can't wait for more updates!!
xo
Angele

Unknown said...

Hoping that you will hear great news soon..

Adrienne said...

Well, once again, our lives are in the exact same place! Received the same message from Dixie, got re-assurance from BC that the closure does not affect us, and am sitting here hoping, but trying not to hope too much. Let's keep our fingers crossed that February is the referal month for us!
:)

Sylvie and Victor said...

Happy to hear that you will be able to receive your referral as well Adrienne. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something! Lets send out good vibes and make our proposals come to us QUICKLY!