Saturday, February 26, 2011

Adoptions taking less time in Haiti now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was on Dixie's blog today... I am doing the dance of joy right now!!! You can't see me but I am just so trilled and happy!

Someone called me yesterday to talk about adoption lawyers and if I could refer them to a couple of good lawyers. This person had been doing some “private” adoptions for American families and the lawyer she was using was becoming “difficult” and she was considering changing lawyers.
It was the news she told me after we talked about lawyers that got me excited! She said that from IBESR to Passport was taking her about 8 months! I find that SO exciting! Wow! We haven’t had adoptions here in Haiti that have taken less than a year for the last 4 years or more! Haitian adoptions have just taken longer and longer and it was trend that just has been happening in the last 10 years.

Since we have just recently had dossiers go into IBESR, we do not know how long it will take for an adoption to finish. Now, I have a time line that I can push our lawyer to meet! If another lawyer can do up to the passport in 8 months, then I expect our lawyer to do the same or even less!

For me, this is such exciting news! If we can get adoptions finished in less than a year, families and children will be so blessed! Babies might still be babies and older children will spend less time in an orphanage setting.
Please pray with us that this will continue and children will go home to their “forever” families quickly!

http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/andlifegoeson/2011/02/26/adoption-news-2/

3 comments:

Madame Moiselle said...

Sylvie, this is so good! How exciting. Praying that you and Kyanne will be united soon.

Denise said...

That is great news! Let's cross our fingers and keep praying... Haiti is notorious for having things change on a dime when it comes to adoptions, so a change for the better is really exciting.

Sharla said...

That is great news!

I am wondering if you could e-mail me at adoptionmagazine@gmail.com. I am starting an online adoption resource for Canadian families and would like to know if I can add your blog to the list of Canadian adoption blogs. Thanks!