Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It’s a girl… and she’s mine!!!!!!!!!!

I can finally say after 2 years, 7 months 3 weeks 1 days... that I am going to be a MOMMY! Wow! It’s 11:30 pm and I am still staring at her picture. I feel that I am in a dream and that I am going to wake up soon so I am enjoying every moment of starting at her beautiful/perfect face.

My cousin and I (Margo), we go to lunch every Monday. We were talking about babies and I said that I was keeping it positive and I was going to give the province a month to get the call for our referral before starting to make some calls...

Once I got back to work, I had a question for one of my colleagues and she had just dropped by to see me and the phone rang. I was not going to answer and just let it go to voice mail but something was telling me to just pick it up. It was JR. I was shocked. I thought he was going to say that we forgot something when we did our home study update or something in that nature. But No! He said I am calling to give you your REFERRAL! I could not believe what I was hearing. I thought he was joking. He said that the SW would give us a call for sure this pm. After I hung up, I tried to remember our conversation and I just had no idea what he said. I even called him back later to make sure I was not dreaming. He was laughing! He said, Yes the SW is going to call you and you will see some pictures today!!! Before I was able to call Victor and give him the news, Nicole called me at work and she was wondering why I was screaming so I had to tell her. I immediately hung up and called Victor before he found out by someone else heheheheh!

We had to drive to Richibucto (1hr) drive to meet the SW. She could not come and meet us at our home tonight so we said that we would drive there. While we were driving, we were trying to guess if it was a girl or a boy, because we had put on our request that we would accept either gender, however the orphanage knew that we wanted a girl. When we arrived at her home, she said “votre petite poupone est très belle”... so we knew that it was a girl before she told us. Trying to describe how I felt, I just can’t. I was in total shock! Victor was more emotional than me. I just had that glaze in my eyes trying to figure out if this is real or a dream! We are going to give her the name Kyanna like planned so she will be named, Kyanna Berline Cormier.

When we got home, Nicole and Renée, my stepdaughters came by to meet their little sister. As Nicole looked at the first picture, she recognized Berline instantly. Nicole had gone to the orphanage during Christmas for a week and she spent some time with Berline. I remember when she came home, she said she fell in love with a little girl... well little did she knew that it was going to be her sister! That is so special. Nicole already held, hugged and kissed her little sister.

Meet the newest member of our family!!!











11 comments:

The Drinkwaters said...

Congratulations!

Brendan and Mary said...

I am so happy for your family! What an amazing day and a beautiful little girl! May the rest of your journey go quickly....

Mary

A said...

She is GORGEOUS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS mama!!!!!!! I am so so so happy for you right now, I have tears in my eyes!

We'll have to get Owen and Kyanna together some day. The 2 that didn't want babies, now so in love with our child! :)

Angele, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Congratulations, she is so beautiful. I wish you all the best for a speedy court and travel date. It is so encouraging to see adoptive parents getting referrals whilst we are waiting, so thank you for sharing your story on your blog.

Proudmama said...

Hi there, I have read your blog since the Ghana days but am not sure I've ever posted a comment. I just wanted to come out of lurkdom to say Congratulations! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I hope that she will be in your arms very very soon,

Courtney

Carole said...

OMG Sylvie, Congrats, I'm so thrilled to hear the great news! You must be on cloud 9. Your daughter is so beautiful. What an angel face!! I'm sure you're already in LOVE!! Congrats to you, Victor and your step-daughters. I wish you all the luck in the world until you get to hold on to your "Belle poupoune". Carole xox

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute happy baby. You must be so thrilled. We've come a long way since Ghana. I'm glad it's working out for you.

Lani said...

Congratulations, she is beyond beautiful. So amazing that your step-daughter has already spent time with with her. I hope that court and travel comes quickly for you. If only they would re-open adoptions for Canadians again. We would so be on the list. Best of luck to you and your beautiful family. Keep the posts coming.

Jess said...

Wow Congratulations!! So happy for you! It has been a long wait!

Madame Moiselle said...

Congratulations Sylvie! So happy for you and the whole family! Your sw is right: "Elle est très belle votre poupoune!" Praying that the rest of the journey goes smoothly and quickly.

Sylvie and Victor said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! We are so happy and still not touching the ground. I feel that its still all a dream. A good dream! :)

And yes Angele... too funny. Can't wait to have a play date with Owen!