Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 4 at home

I had to wake up our princess atb10:45 this am. What a sleeper! I had time to drink a few cups of coffee, clean and do laundry. That girl jus mazes me on her sleep..


Today, we spend the day inside. She played with her toys and made us laugh all day. Janie and Ghislain, her cousins came for visit. Ghislain was really happy to see her.

I enjoyed every moment with her. I still can't believe she's really here. My baby girl is just perfect!

Since we got home. 4 days ago, kyanne did not want to play with her dolls. This evening, I took out a doll with a stroller and she walked carrying the stroller in one hand and dragging the doll by the foot! What a classy girl LOL! By the end of the evening she carried the doll the right way and kissed the doll. It really surprised me because she is not giving us any kisses yet. When someone leaves, she waves bye bye and will sometime blow a kiss in her hand

When we took our bath this evening, she remembered the flute and gave it to me so I. could play some music and she was making her head go to the sound of the music and making her own funny noises. She was having the time of her life! She laughs like there is no tomorrow.

Right after bath time, I decided to take out her toothbrush to see what she would do. I got her to open her mouth and brushed her little white teeth in front and she liked it. When I was done, she took the brush from me and started brushing her own teeth.

She is a really happy girl when she wants to. She only through herself on the floor once and it was right before I put her to bed. She was tired. Because she had slept till almost 11 am, she did not nap today. She did however relaxed in my arms for a good half hour to calm herself so that probably gave her a little boost of energy to last till 8 pm.

Today she got more friendly with Sam and George. She always had a biscuit in her hand and poor Geroge was following her every step she made drawling and hoping to get a piece of the cookie. After a while, she stretched her arm and gave a piece to Sam. When she realized that Sam had the cookie in her mouth, she started laughing.

After day 4, I am starting to get the trick of bed time. This evening, I brought her upstairs and sat down in our bed as she started to cry. I let her cry for 1 minute and again, stretched my arms so she would want to come in my arms and laid down at the same time. If I do it that way, she stops crying and I don’t have to hold her standing up for half hour. I could of put her to bed after 20 minutes as I could tell she was in a deep sleep but I stayed for an hour just to watch her sleep. I am cherishing every single second I have with her.

I am so happy to say that Kyanne is making herself right at home.  I don’t see any signs of fear or discomfort. I am looking forward to tomorrow spending the day alone with her.  We’ll see what’s on the agenda.   














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear about these first days! It brings me back to our first days with our little princess. It's just so happy and beautiful I could cry tears of joy.
Lisa Poirier

ourpartyof4 said...

Loving the photos and to hear about Kyanne's first few days at home! She looks so comfy and like she is exactly where she belongs- home with her mom and dad! So happy for you all!