Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Home 1 week already!

Kyanne has been home for a week now. I sometime still think it’s all a dream and then the baby monitor makes me jump and I know it’s all real!

Today I decided it was going to be a stay home day. I needed to cuddle with her and just be with her. I was reading attachment stories last night before I went to bed... don’t know why I did that because felt that I needed to hold her but she was in her crib. It was hard going to bed and thinking that all the pretty smiles and hugs could go away...

When Victor woke up to go to work Kyanne started crying. Instead of going into her room and making her feel comfortable in her crib, I picked her up and brought her in bed with me. That’s where she belongs... with me!




After awhile, I could no longer stay in bed, so I did my exercise by the bed while she was sound asleep with the dogs. It was so cute to watch them all sleep. She woke up around 9. I got her to try boiled eges this morning. For some strange reason, she was only eating the yolk. The egg white was just not cutting it for her. I tried to put peanut butter on the egg white and she just licked the peanut butter. If there is one thing I learn over the past week is when she is no longer hunger, she throws her food on the floor. What a mess.

As soon as we finished eating breakfast, I got her dressed and we went for a long walk on the beach. It was such a beautiful day. I didn’t even have my jacket. It doesn’t seem that in a few days it will be December. I got her out of the stroller and I sat on the sand. She didn’t want to sit or walk. It was still all new to her. I was playing in the sand with my hands and she was pointing. The dogs were just running free, chasing the seagulls and swimming.


By the time I got back home, Kyanne had a napped for half hour at least. When we got in, she was in a cuddly mood. If I got up to go do something, she would follow me and hug me from behind and laugh. I played blocks with her and she wanted to sit on me to play. I guess she could feel that I needed her today. I tried doing the dishes with her in the sling... that was a challenge.




Kyanne made her first batch of muffins for dessert tonight. She helped and did a big mess at the same time. It was fun to watch her try and figure out what to do with the cups and bowls.



Daddy came home from work early today. He has a cold and you know men with colds... they are almost dead LOL! After baking the muffins, I took Kyanne upstairs with daddy and they slept for a good hour for sure. I had time to clean the house, make myself a cup of tea and call Liette. We had a nice chat! I miss her so much. We used to talk and see each other every day at work and now I only email her a few time a day.

This evening, Renée and Chris came over. We decided to take out Kyanne’s braids. I thought we would have to fight with her, however she just let us do it. She was laying on Renée and did not say a work. I washed her hair really good after in the bathtub. She looks so clean now and she looks different. I will try and do something with her hair tomorrow and if I can’t, I’ll put a hat on her head and go find a hairdresser.







So tonight, I put my foot down LOL! I told Victor that I was bringing Kyanne in bed with us and we would put her in her crib later when she is sound asleep. As I am typing, she is sleeping, sucking her thumb and her bum up in the air. Now this is what I call comfort!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

:)
Lea was three before she would sleep alone! Welcome to mommy life! :)
I love reading these posts and seeing how happy you all are!

Jolene said...

I've been in a shoe box, and did not see that Kyanne has come home - so a big congratulations!! ;)

Your Mommy instincts are working perfectly... trust them! Co-sleeping is the best way to bond with your baby and nurture the attachment process. I speak only from experience from my biological children... but I think this even more important in the situation of adoption!

You won't regret it... there is nothing better than waking up to your beautiful baby's face!! (Hubby will get used to it and learn to cherish it as well!)

Keep up the good work!! Kyanne is beautiful!

Sylvie and Victor said...

Thank you so much girls for your feedback and comments. I am going to learn from all of you. Hubby doesn’t mind having her in our bed. It's the rest of our family trying to tell us what to do!!! I guess I just have to do what is right for us. I woke up this morning and it was the greatest felling of all!