Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On the road all day

This morning, cereal, banana and piece of bagel with peanut butter were on the menu. She loved the cereal. She even drank the milk from the bowl when she was done. While I was getting breakfast ready, I was singing and dancing. She was just looking at me with her big beautiful eyes. As soon as I gave her the food, she started signing in her own Creole words I think and swinging her rams in the air. She was laughing so hard that i could see the past of peanut butter all coating her teeth...





I asked her if she wanted milk... since she hasn’t drank any yesterday and she knowted Yes! I decided to change the milk bottle from the sippy cut to the one with the nipple and she smiled and drank it. I was so happy. So now she’s on organic cow milk...  :) I wanted her to drink rice and almond milk but... Kyanne has her own little mind.




We got ready to hit the road before noon and we headed to see my mom and grand-mother. My mom really enjoys her. She cuddles on her and I can tell my mom just loves it. We picked up my aunt as well and went to Institue de Memramcook, where my mom used to work. She wanted to show off Kyanne to the ladies she used to work with. When we got off the elevator to the main floor, a lady ran to us all emotional... It was the social worker that did our home study 3 ½ years ago. She was so happy to me with Kaynne. She didn’t even know want to say. She was just staring at her being so comfortable with me. It was quite the coincidence that I saw her there!!!






On our way back home, we stopped at Sobeys to get a few items. She was singing again in the cart. She was making people laugh.




When we got home, she had a chance to nap twice in the car and then I put her in the stroller so the dogs could go run outside and she fell asleep again. Little princess was wired tonight. The girl I used to car poll with, Debbie and her husband came to visit and she was being a little clown. At one point, she was walking with the little stroller and she tried to do a turn and wiped out LOL! She got up, put the stroller back on track and continued her walk.

This evening, after bath time, Kyanne took both hands towards George. I thought she was going to hit him and she bend down and gave her a big kiss on the nose and laughed. George still does not understand what is going on. They seem to love her, but they don’t understand what is all the foreign talking and crying from time to time. This evening, I tried to get Kyanne to sleep downstairs and she started crying and screaming. Victor came down thinking something was wrong. He took her in his arms and she cuddled on him. Not even 15 minutes later, he put her down in her crib and she did not say a word. What am I doing wrong??? If anyone knows, please tell me your secret. I have no clue why she does not want to fall asleep when I am sitting down or laying down. If I stand up, she will cuddle.

3 comments:

Denise said...

So good to see all the smiling pictures :) I hope you can figure out the sleep thing soon. It can be very frustrating to try and figure out their little minds! I'm sure Daddy doesn't mind the special cuddle time though.

Joy said...

The sleep issues are so troubling, aren't they? Lily was used to being put into her crib and falling asleep on her own. Before coming to us, she slept through the night (very occasionally being up once, given a bottle in bed, and back to sleep right away). With us, she would settle fine at bedtime, then wake more than once through the night. I could not comfort her at all - she would scream and rage for 2-3 hours during the night while I held her (and even if I didn't). The only thing that helped was giving her a bottle, and we ended up popping in quickly to give her a bottle then leaving quickly. Then, she started wanting me and would scream if I didn't hold her - and would still be awake for up to 2 hours (happier, but still awake). Now, she is mostly back to taking a bottle then settling again, sometimes settling herself, and sometimes needing to come into our room in the night. Anyway, all this to say - we've tried various approaches, and things seem to change on their own now and then for no explainable reason. Hoping you find a routine that works!

Sylvie and Victor said...

Thanks for your tips Joy! I will try it tonight!!!