Thursday, November 10, 2011

Questions before booking our flights

As you can imagine, I am not really good at processing anything
anymore. My brain is a little scattered…

I know that when she emails me that Kyanne has her VISA to travel, I
will forget to ask the questions I need to know before I book our
flights so I decided to ask her now.

Here is her reply:

Hi Sylvie,

Yes, Berline's paperwork is now at the Canadian Embassy, so as soon as
they have the medical results and issue the visa, they will let me
know!

There is not a specific requirement for how long you need to stay. I
would suggest staying for 2 nights or so. With older kids, we usually
encourage the parents to stay at GLA for several days to give the
child time to adjust, but in your case, I am fairly confident that
Berline will have no problem adjusting to being with you!

Her name as printed on her passport is Berline Gedeon Cormier.

Hopefully the Air Canada flight will work for you….if we are going to
need a transit visa for the US, we would need to start working on that
as soon as possible. I e-mailed the embassy this morning to find out
if they can give me a tentative time frame for when we can expect the
Visa to be ready, but I'll see what they say.

We will be in touch!

2 comments:

Denise said...

So excited to read your news!! (I'm just catching up on blog updates...) I'm curious about the transit visa for flying through the US. I've been wondering about this as well as the flights with Air Canada directly from Haiti to Quebec are almost double in price than if you fly an American airline through the US. Is this what you have found to be true as well?
I was wondering about how long would be good to stay when we go pick up Giselle. I was thinking 10 days would give her a smoother transition, but after this trip, I honestly think that 4-5 days would be fine. And Giselle seems much less confident than your little one. Can't wait to hear about your travel dates!!

shellandjim said...

Sooooo exciting to be at the place to be needing to ask these questions!! Just found your blog and love seeing how close you are as we wait to get our passports and bring our baby girl home! Blessings and many prayers on you all....
Shelly, Lovely's Mama