Friday, December 2, 2011

It feels so right!

This morning I’m just in love. It just felt so right! I was sitting besides her sipping my coffee and I had tears of joy. I am so proud to be her mama! I don’t know if it’s because she slept with me that I feel more connected but as you can imagine, she is sleeping beside me right now, while I am updating my blog. She has her bum up in the air and her head is at my feet. Hey, whatever works... Victor stayed downstairs to watch the hockey game for a while and I thought I would have a hard time to get her to sleep. Little did I know, she remembered that she was comfortable with mommy and daddy last night? She cried for a sec because I tried to sit down in the bed while I was holding her. Not even 2 minutes after she got out of my arms and made herself comfortable in our bed. I am so happy. :)


This morning it was cereal with coconut milk, half a banana and Christmas music playing in the background. For some reason, today felt special. I think I just finally kicked in that she’s really mine and she’s not going away.

To my surprise, Kyanne got up at 8 this morning. Mommy was not ready for a crazy morning at all. Well let me tell you, I need some practice to get things moving in the morning if I have places to go. Started at 8 and at 11:30 I was in the car and I felt like I had just got out of my hot yoga class. Unbelievable! I need a system or something... LOL! While I was in the bathroom getting ready, I was hearing boxes being opened. I sneaked up on her to see what she was doing. She was sitting on the floor, had found her gold fish treats and was sharing with Sam and George. She’s a smart cookie! She remembered where I had put them away yesterday.





By the time I had her all dressed and ready to leave, I smelled something not right... so up I go again to change her for the second time in the am. She was just wild. I turned to get a wipe and she put her foot right in the pamper and started laughing. I could not believe it. I undressed her and had to wash her again. Once I got her dressed a second time, I turned around to get my stuff and she had already taken out her socks, head band and was going for the pants.

Once we got in town, I met my step-daughter and my cousin at Calactus (Vegetarian Resto.) for lunch. Kyanne ate some of my veggie burger and pan fries. She did well. It was our first outing at a restaurant. She was really quite and was just staring at the other tables because it was loud. Once we were done, I headed to Superstore and when she saw the bananas... OMG she just started speaking in créol I think and was just so excited. I don’t know what it is with those bananas but they better have them when I need them. Every time she saw someone go by, she would wave and say ‘Bye Bye’ and some other words that I did not understand. Once we got to the cash, she did not want to give the bananas to pass the scan. She was screaming so the guy rushed to weigh them and gave the right back to her.






I think I made 5 stops in total. It’s a work out just taking her in and out of the car seat. We stopped at my other step-daughters work to see her. Kyanne was just staring at everyone. She did not feel comfortable at first. A big tall guy walked by and she just opened up her arms to him. She is really attracted by men. Nicole took her back in her arms to walk her for the tour and she turn around and wanted to come back to me. I was really happy for that!

I got her some Shea butter and jojoba oil for her hair and skin. When I gave her bath this evening, I applied the oil and butter in her hair and scalp. I sure hope it helps her dry damage hair. I might wait a week or so before I bring her in at a hair salon for another style. Her hair line is really far and I think it’s because of those tight braids she had all the time.

I got some soup at the German bakery on my way home. I wasn’t sure if I was going to give her any because she’s a messy eater but she just loved it. I did modify the recipe a bit... I put some of the organic chicken and rice soup with the ginger sweet potato and squash soup. I even steamed some carrots to add more chunks and she just loved it. She had 2 bowls. For the first, time she let me help her with her spoon. She was trying to eat the soup with her hand. She always has a spoon or a fork in her right hand, however she doesn’t use it. She eats with her left hand. She loved the soup so much



This evening, Kyanne wanted to cuddle with me even more. She runs around and then hugs my legs and just smiles. She was really excited to see daddy come home from work as well. Anabelle, my god child came over this evening to play with her. Kyanne is starting to get used to her now.



I don’t know if I am giving her too much flax seeds but I had to change her 5 times today and it did not smell roses. She must be healthy!

As much of a crazy day it was today, I am the happiest mama! I just love being with her and watching her learn as I do. She was singing and dancing to Christmas songs this morning. She imitates my dancing, it’s just too cute.


Oh and poor Sam! If we would give her a ticket to go to a dog retirement place, she would run out the door and leave her stuff behind. It seems that she aged 10 years in the past week. Victor and I give them lots of attention so they don’t get jealous but she is older than George and she has a hard time with the screaming and running around. She loves that Kyanne gives her treats but that’s about all she can handle. George on the other hand is in heaven. It seems that she is so happy to have someone as hipper as her. Kyanne was talking and I could not figure out what she was saying. I turned around and Geroge had her princess crown in her mouth LOL! Kyanne was not impressed!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Sylvie, it is the highlight of my day to read your happy posts :) I love that you are feeding her so healthy, and working on attachment with her. I agree with the girls from the other post, co-sleeping is supposed to be one of THE best ways to promote attachment. Giselle will be sleeping in our room, if not in our bed for a good long while when she arrives home. When people around you give advice, it is usually with a biological child in mind - that is a very different story from having a child who has been raised in an orphanage up till now. I am so happy to hear that you are going with your instincts in this. She is so blessed to have you! I will message you privately about the hair :)

Jolene said...

Yes! ;)... you need to build an attachment to her just as she to you. The closeness is beneficial for both of you!

In comment to your last post comments - I would also add to what Denise said and say that family advice is also typically 'hand me down' advice. Ie.) - outdated. Adopted or biological, skin to skin closeness is the best! Not only that, but every attachment/adoption book I have read recommends co-sleeping and wearing your baby!

My only regret with my children was letting family influence me on when to stop breastfeeding. I wish I would have done what felt right to me. So my advice is to just do that. (And read whatever you can get your hands on!)If they once mention that you are going to spoil her - you can let them know that "Babies don't spoil - fruit spoils!"... and besides, you have a lot of time to make up for!!

The rest of your post made me laugh. Oh the joys of Motherhood... Getting out the door will get easier eventually! ;)

I thought I would share a hair elixir that many people swear by... it's all natural. You can also get great sleep caps from her - to stop breakage at night.

http://rowanfamilytree.com/2010/04/18/my-magic-hair-elixir-recipe/

Kori said...

I love your posts! What a joy to read! Your food selections sound very similar to what we provide for our daughter and will for our son when he arrives home. And we intend to have Clayton sleep in our room until we decide that we all are ready for a transition to his room. I still love it when Raena decides to climb into bed with us in the mornings - so sweet!

Denise said...

I have to second what Jo said about the magic hair elixir! It is great in place of a hair gel which dries out the hair. That hair elixir keeps the hair very soft and well moisturized...