Monday, December 5, 2011

Mother and Daughter Day!

Kyanne had fallen asleep in daddy’s arms last night so she was in her crib this morning and woke up at 8:30. I had time to do my exercise and cleanup a little before the tornado comes through the living room again. I took her temperature and she still had a fever but not much. She still had her beautiful smile and was happy to see me when she woke up. Sam and George were late coming in her room to say good morning. As soon as they walked in the door, she was saying ‘yah yah’. She’s too cute.


Since she’s not feeling 100%, I decided to give her favourite oatmeal to make sure she eats. She took a good slug of her milk firs thing. I bought the 2% organic cow milk and got her a cup with a straw. For some reason, she seems to like drinking from that cup. She tries to tilt it like the sippy cups. I am trying to show her that she doesn’t have to do that but... Kyanne being Kyanne, she lifts the cup and giggles. When I showed her the banana, she started to glow again... I asked her for a kiss before she gets her banana and she gave me one. It works!!! She will give me a kiss in exchange for her banana!

After breakfast, we sat in the living room and played. She really enjoys come and catch me. By the end of the morning, I felt like I ran a marathon. After a while, I started being restless and needed to go out. We went for a drive and stopped at the new medical Clinique in Cap-Pelé. There are 2 new doctors that started and I wanted to see if I could get Kyanne for an appointment. I don’t really believe in doctors but I guess I would feel more comfortable if she had one. Just in case!!! Like yesterday, I had my first panic attack and would have probably called the Dr. office if it would of been open. Kyanne is going to go see my Naturopath; however I still want her to have a family doctor.

We dropped off the dogs at the doggy daycare for awhile. I wanted them to get some exercise. Kyanne was able to sleep on the way back. By the time we got home, I was time for a late lunch. The house felt so empty without Sam and George. I thought It would of been a good idea to be just the 2 of us, but we both seemed like we were looking for our 4 legged friends. I even think she said “George” at one point. George is always the one that is in the way and I constantly say her name. I think Kyanne is going to say George before she says mama LOL!

This afternoon, Kyanne was actually brining toys to me on the floor and sitting on my laps for me to play with her. I was so excited to see that she is making progress!!! I was even sitting on the couch at one point and she made her way to climb and sit beside me to play with my phone. We had fun for another hour and then I decided to give her a snack before we picked up the dogs again and it all went downhill from there. I gave her the little container with cereal and she threw it all on the floor. She knew she had done wrong because as soon as she threw it, she looked at me waiting for my reaction. I said, “ Kyanne... pas gentile ( not nice)”. She walked 2 steps and threw herself on the floor and started screaming. I picked her up and tried to comfort her and there was no way she would stop crying. It took me a good 5 minutes in my arms before she stopped. She did stop but I knew she was tired and not feeling well and it would not last... As soon as I sat her down to put her boots, her attitude changed. She was a good girl. She helped me put on her jacket and she immediately ran to the door for the garage. While driving to go get the dogs, I made a little de-tour so she could sleep longer. As Sam and George jumped in the car, they both gave her a big lick on their way in the back. She was happy to see them.

When we arrived home, she was rested and was herself again. She learned to say cheese when I take out the camera. She really loves taking her picture. Nicole got her to give Sponge our cat some treats. Sponge did not really care for her too much until now. I think they will be best friends now that she will give her treats.

It did not take her too much time after bath time to fall asleep downstairs. When we put her in her bed, she started crying. I stayed by her side and she was holding my finger and rubbing it. I stayed there for a good 10 minutes and she fell asleep. To me, that’s a great sign. She was in her bed, however she knew I was there and she did not cry.

What did I learn today? I loved being with my little girl, however I think we both realized that we like to get out of the house. We might change our minds during the cold winter days; however, if it’s nice, I think we’ll be on the road. I can’t wait to bring her to our camp. I might try and go for a drive one of these days and see what she thinks.
Kyanne playing playing.

She learned to say cheese when we take pictures of her.


Daddy is home from work, all the kissing going on...

Kyanne was jelous of Sam being on daddy's lap.

Kyanne was giving treats to Sponge the cat.

And lets not forget to give George some kitty treats.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

I would agree that you need both a Dr. and a Naturopath. I'm very fortunate to have a 'natural' western med. Dr. who actually refers me to her 'natural' or 'Chinese Med.' Doctors!

Western medicine cures when natural can't - ie. pneumonia, but Natural medicine has a strong focus on prevention... where western Med. does not.

Now if they could just get it together... as my GP would say!

A said...

I look forward to your posts everyday! Everything you're going through I think to myself "yup, been there, done that"... I know you have attachment concerns to be worried about, but for the most part, you are just going through what all us moms go through.. we laugh, we cry, we worry but most of all.. we LOVE. You've made it. I'm so proud of you and I can tell by your posts and your photos that you are so happy and so in love. Congratulations Sylvie! Kyanne is a wonderful addition to your family!!!!
Angele, xoxo