Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pack Your Bags - Monday, November 14, 2011

After almost 3 ½ years... the day has finally come. I got the email that I’ve been waiting for. I had so many scenarios in my head on when I was going to get it, where would I be, at what time. All the other milestones, I was usually at work so my colleagues would find out before Victor and my step-daughters. But not this time. I was at home and so was victor. I had just came back from a my walk with the dogs. Monique, my sister in law was texting me to find out what size of shoes Kyanne would take. She’s in Toronto for Melanie (Cover Me Canada). As I was texting her back, I hear the beep that I have a new email. I had told myself on my way back from work that I was going to stop checking my email every 15 minutes. After a long 15 minutes, LOL... I checked to see what email came in. Was it eBay, sell off vacation, Aeropaln.. No it was from GLA Adoptions “Pack Your Bags!!!” I ran in the garage to find Victor, cutting a piece of wood to finish a shelf that I had been bugging him for over the past year. I came in jumping and screaming. I started to cry and told him ... This is it. We’re bringing our daughter home!

All the other milestone, he reacted right away, but it think he was too m=emotional this time. He stayed in the garage and had to cut the piece of wooed 3 times before he got it right. LOL! When he came in, you could tell how excited he was.

I stood in the hallway texting Monique the news. I could not see what I was writting I had tears running down my face. I called Nicole and Renée right way crying. As I was talking with them I felt relieved. It was finally here. I didn’t have to wait for any other emails. I continued the phone calls to my mom, cousins and Victor’s family. I knew that Liette was at the gym so I would not be able to reach her right away. I left her an email to call me. Liette and I had gone for a coffee that afternoon and she told said she had a good feeling that it was going to be a good week.

Well was she ever right!

Not even half hour after the news, Melissa emailed me back to confirm that Nicole and Renée could come as well. I was really glad it all worked out. Nicole, Renée and Amanda came by to celebrate the new addition to our family.

I never had any problem sleeping at night, but for the first time, I did not sleep. I was so happy that it did not make any difference

Today, Nov 14, is a day I will always remember. The tension and wait I’ve been feeling is all gone. No more waiting for an email to find out when she will come home...

I feel that I have just received a doctorate diploma after all the hard work. I am now certified to be a Mommy!!!

Before I went to bed, I booked our return flight with Air Canada to make sure we can get our seats with my Aeroplans.

**************************************************
Tuesday, November 15, 2011


Waking up this morning was a totally different feeling. I felt calm all through my body.

I booked our flight to leave Friday Nov 18 from NYC.

Mélanie came home from Toronto and the family greeted her at the airport. I was picturing us coming home in a week with Kyanne. I had tears in my eyes. While we were at airport I received a call from Liette that her dossier was out of MOI!!! I screamed and everyone cheered for her as well. It was so cute. So so happy for her!

After the airport, Nicole, Renée and I went shopping for our upcoming trip to Haiti! We bought gifts for the nannies, staff at GLA and some supplies for us.
******************************************
Wednesday, November 16, 2011


Last Day of Work!

Wow... I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time. My coworkers treated me to a going away lunch. Best pizza ever. I had an Apple Pizza at the Tide and Boar.

It didn’t feel weird leaving. I think it will only hit me when I’m back from Haiti for a few weeks.

The last few days, I’ve been running in circles. I don’t process much anymore. All I have registered in my head is Kyanne!!!! My girl!

At my lunch, it was so funny. When someone asked me a question, I had to turn around and ask Liette to answer LOL! Thank god I have her! I am blessed that we found each other to walk this journey side by side.
******************************************
Thursday, November 17, 2011

Check List Day!

Today is the day to get everything done. Renée agreed to come with me to make sure I stay on track LOL!

Again! I woke up ready for my mission! It feels great not to have to think.. is today the day!!!

I gathered Sam and Geroge and off we went to pick up Renée. I had not realized we had so many stops that at one point, we had to let the dogs outside to pee and get them some water and a sub so they could eat. We were really on a mission and there was no stopping till my list was done. The dogs are always happy to be with me. They love the car.

I went at work to say bye one last time. It still did not felt like I was leaving for a year.

A few months ago, I had dropped off my wedding ring at la Mine d’Or with my dad’s wedding band. I wanted a custom ring made with both our gold melted together using same diamonds. My dad has been such a strong presence in my life and still is that I wanted to get this special custom ring done so I could have it forever with me. My ring was not quite ready yet but he said he would have it ready for me to leave for Haiti to start our new life. I went to pick it up and it was just so beautiful! I just love it! He said to take it and bring it back sometime when I get back so he can finish the small imperfections that I could not even see. He even said pay me later... I said good enough! See you in a few weeks. 

We came home after a long day to start packing. Wow! We had so much supplies that people donated. We ended up filling 2 hockey bags and 2 large bags. The children are going to be happy!

No comments: