Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fun fun and more fun!

Another week is almost done and I made it with and still smiling!!! Kyanne was just great this week. It seems that she is more herself these days. She’s just a happy girl! She followed mommy during this crazy week of malls, grocery shopping, visiting relatives. Wednesday, we went for our first play date with Théo. I was so looking forward for that moment. They played well together. It was nice to see Liette’s big smile on her face. She looked at me while we were going down the stairs and said “I can’t believe we are finally home with them!!!” This was only the first of many outings together. Like I said, I am not one to stay home so I think it will be fun to spend time with them.

Today we spent the day home alone! It was nice for a change. She even napped for 2 ½ hours. Mommy had time to make a batch of veggie burgers, veggie paté, bake beans and quinoa. I’ll be all set for the holidays. While I’m on the food subject, Kyanne only likes certain food. She loves potatoes now. I tried to puré carrots, broccoli, squash... and she will not eat the potatoes. The only one that worked so far is the cauliflower in the potatoes. I don’t know how I am going to get her to eat her veggies.

When she woke up, she got a book, took my hand and wanted to sit on me. We stayed on the floor for 15 minutes looking at the pictures. As we were looking at the pictures and making the sounds of the animals, I was crying. I am so happy, it’s unbelievable! Nobody can take this moment away from me. I am so blessed that she’s my daughter.

Kyanne had her first walk outdoors. She had a big smile on her face. She was proud of herself. The other times we went for a walk, she did not want me to put her down. Today she was a big girl and walked in the driveway before we went for our walk.

While I was giving a ride to Kyanne on my back this evening, my husband wanted to take a picture and dropped the camera on the tiles. L The lens broke. It was new. I had purchased it a week before we left for Haiti. Oh well, I can’t do the holidays without a camera so I will go get another one tomorrow morning.

I have finished writing up the blog post from when we were in Haiti. I will post them later this evening.





1 comment:

Denise said...

So good to hear that she is settled in :) I look forward to reading your trip posts - Merry Christmas!!