Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lunch date and hitting the Mall!

Today we had a lunch date with one of my friend, Melissa. When I first decided to adopt from Haiti, she’s the one that I called to get information and help. She brought her children home after the earthquake. After the episode at the Dr. Office yesterday, I was not too confident on how it was going to go. Oh well, I have to learn that everything will be unpredictable now. I will just go with the flow. If she has a tantrum, mommy will pack up and go home.


Princess woke up crying this morning at 9:30. Like every morning, I change her dipper and she just didn’t like it this morning for some reason. I tried doing our usual routine after i changed her, showing her the pictures of grand-pa (my dad), her picture, flick the light switch on/off, looking outside but nothing was working. The one thing she did... she cuddle with me and squeezed me tight. I didn’t mind at all!!!

When we got downstairs, I decided to go with her oatmeal that she loves since she was having an off morning. I was able to sneak some of her medicine. Mommy was all dressed up ready before Kyanne got up and all of a sudden, she looked at me while she was in my arms and she puked all over me. I didn’t want a make a face to scare her so I said nothing!!! We walked in the bathroom and she did it again. This time on my pants. We all got cleaned, I changed cloths and we were all ready to leave and then of course... I smelled something in her dipper. Off we went to change her dipper again.

 
Geroge got caught at eating oatmeal


It’s fun to see how excited she gets when I take out her boots. She knows we are going in the car.


She did pretty well at Melissa’s house. She was shy at first and started to play around with the cat. Not long after, Melissa’s daughter walked in and it was a new face so it all started again. She was shy and sat on me. By the end, she started to cry. I think she was just restless of being sitting at the table for almost 2 hours. On our way back, I stopped at the mall to get her a pair of snow boots. I thought she would be tired but she seemed to love the mall!!! Mommy is super excited!!! We did a few stores and she was being very good. I even bought her the same jacket that we lost on the plane. It was reduced again and only paid $30 at Mexx. We stopped at the bakery to get our favourite bread. I walked in and there was a huge line-up. I was just about to turn around and realized how much I love that bread and wanted some tonight for supper. I decided to stay in the line and if she started being fussy, I would just leave. On the contrary... she entertained the line-up. She made everyone laugh. It really did pass the time. She was talking and making funny faces. When we got home, we had supper and boy was she ever cranked up. Nothing was stopping her.

At one point she went in the Christmas tree again and rolled an ornament on the floor. George ran for it and put it in her mouth. She said something and she dropped in on the floor immediately. I was stunned! Kyanne rolled the ornament a second time and George went to get it again. This time she did not drop it. Kyanne did not know what to do at this point so she decided to go behind George and pull on her ears. LOL! We laughed and laughed. I eventually had to drop the camera and get George to drop it and give it to Kyanne.

Before bath time, Kyanne was playing upstairs. She found more block and wanted to play. I got a brilliant idea and decided to take out the blocks in our bed and see if she would come and play with me. She did. She tried to climb in the bed by herself. I helped her up and we stayed there for a good 5 minutes. Once she had enough, she climbed out of the bed and went straight to my rocking chair. She removed the heavy blanket and put her hands on it and started rocking the chair. I thought... OMG!!! She wants me to hold her in the chair. I walked up to the chair and sat down and started rocking. She, on the other hand, threw herself on the floor and cried. It was a nice shot, but I guess we were not thinking the same. I picked her up and went downstairs for her bath. She was sleeping not even 20 minutes after

All in all, it was a good day. I was very proud of her attitude today and especially, she liked the mall. I honestly think that she was the perfect match for me. We are both hipper, when we get bored, we have to change the routine and do something else quickly. For now, she doesn’t like to stay on the couch and cuddle with me. Why force it? I rather be doing something that she enjoys and will want to be in my arms and cuddle. On our way back from Moncton, we were both signing and laughing in the car. I enjoy that quality time with her so much. She knows I am watching her in the mirror and she will make funny faces when she knows that I am watching.

Kyanne with Melissa


Kyanne wanted the Christams ball from George

No comments: