Thursday, December 22, 2011

Haiti - Sunday bonding day for me and my girl


Sunday November 20, 2011
Mama’s day! Day 2
I honestly don’t think I sleet too much again... Kyanne slept in between us and I was always looking at her.
Poor Brandon (guest house host) has to look after us while Nikki, his wife is in Louisiana visiting her mom. I’ll see her on Monday when she gets back. I am really looking forward to catch up with her. They gave us the girl’s room again. That was so nice of them. It made me feel more at home.
Kyanne slept the whole night. I was so proud of her. She woke her up at 6 am. I think she could have even slept longer; however we were both staring at her and touching her face, hair, arms... J
We went on the balcony for a while till everyone else woke up. We started our first morning looking at the beautiful mountains of Haiti. It’s some gorgeous.
Brandon made us chocolate banana bread for breakfast. I don’t call that breakfast but hey, that’s waht we ate. Kyanne seemed to have liked it. Mommy not so much but I will survive. For me banana bread is for dessert... not breakfast LOL!
We got all dressed to go to church. Brandon is the pastor of a Haitian Church just 2 houses down the road. Kyanne did amazing in there. She was really quiet. Of course she was sitting on daddy’s laps. Half way through the service, I started getting her attention by playing pick a bou in silence. At one point, I had a toy she liked and he took it from my hand and touched my fingers. She was looking at me straight in the eyes, looking at my fingers and smiling back at me. I reached my arms for her and she wanted to come. I picked her up and she hugged me. At that point, I sort of lost it. I excused myself and went outside with her. I was crying and crying. I was so happy that she finally made her way to me. I thanked God for that wonderful moment and many more to come.
We all headed down to the main house for a nice meal.  We had rice and beans, vegetable and mangos. I prepared a plate for Kyanne, cut up everything in small pieces; however she started picking in my plate. She stole my avocado and she just loved it. I tonight she would not like it but she did.
When we got the main house, we had a few minutes before lunch so Renée and I raced upstairs to see Théo, Clay and Nathan. They were all in the nursery. They are all handsome boys! We gave them big hugs and kisses and the bell rang to go eat.
After lunch, we came back to the house and all took a nap before going for lunch at the main house. Kyanne fell asleep in my arms. I laid her down in bed and she stayed right on me. She’s my little angel and I don’t want to let her go. When we all go up, we went to see Fort Jacques. This is where they are building the new orphanage. The view is just breath taken! On the way there she sat on my laps, but all she did was stair. It was so bumpy and it was only her second car ride. She did not cry or anything. She’s a really good girl. I can’t wait to see all the building completed. It’s a large piece of land and the toddlers will have lots of room to play outdoors.  Kyanne had a blast there. She took out her true colours. She was running after the Great Dane... huge dog! On our way back, she was really calm. She was having fun with Renée’s sun glasses. She’s quite the character.
Supper was chilli dogs on white bread. You don’t understand who I crave my fruits, veggies and whole grain bread. The chilli was vegetarian but again... not my cup of tea! Brandon had hot dogs for the gang. I did not give one to Kyanne. She just had a chilli dog with me.
Renée and I got her in the tub but she started to cry. We only took a facecloth again and washed her as best as we could. I got her in her pyjamas and she fell asleep on my right away. She stayed on me all evening while we were talking in the living room with Pastor Brandon. He mentioned how we were the first to bring home a child since the earthquake. I was telling him  that there was a lady from the states that brought her son back in September. He kept on saying no that we were the first. Before going to bed, I was talking with Renée and told her that if that was the case, then I was a little worried. That lady from the states had told me that when we go to pick up our daughter to make sure we were ready for any unexpected surprises. She said she was at the airport ready to go home and there was a missing document she needed. She had to book another flight for a few days later so they could get that document from IBESR. Because I knew her son was at GLA, I did not see the need to tell Melissa about it because they would already know. Renée was a bit concern but I told her I didn’t care if we had the document or not. I told her that I had Kyanne and I was not going home without her now. I guess we’ll have to wait and see tomorrow when I talk to Melissa.

Today was my day! I am so blessed to have her in our lives now. She’s going to be spoiled with love!!!


























No comments: