Thursday, December 29, 2011

The bonding continues!

This morning, Kyanne helped mommy make buckwheat pancakes. They were delicious. She really does enjoy helping out when I prepare our meals. After breakfast I decided it was time to vacuum the house. I needed to keep her entertained as well so I took out the broom and she followed me everywhere in the house. When I was half way done, I turned around and she was walking behind me with her fingers in her ears smiling

This morning was just great. While I was in her room folding her cloths, she got up on the rocking chair by herself. I went over to make sure she did not fall and she took my hand and wanted me to sit. I thought she was joking. We both sat side by side in the chair and we rocked LOL! I even got to put her in my arms for 30 seconds hahha. 30 seconds is better than not at all. We sang some songs and laughed together. It felt so powerful! I can see that she will come around one day and we’ll be able to cuddle on the couch and relax. I can’t wait for that moment. I pretended to be sleeping on the floor in her bedroom and she was running away. Next thing I know, she comes on top of me with a big smile on her face and gives me a kiss on the lips. Yes!!! She did it without me asking. We had so much fun this morning just being silly. I think she learned what ‘do do’ means.

This afternoon, she was a bit moody. She had slept in the car for about half hour and did not want to go in her bed. She was sound asleep in my arms and no way would she let me put her in her bed. I went downstairs and got the sling. She slept for another half hour on me, but I knew it would not be enough and we might have some trouble later... She was really cuddly all afternoon. She was no longer sleepy, but she wanted to stay with me. It made no difference to me. 

She ate butter chicken for supper. I was surprised she ate it. Hopefully she’ll start eating my raw food soon!!! Daddy on the other hand gave her a piece of his chocolate cake... I was not impressed hahah! She loves everything he eats... She wanted more and more...

My friend Jocelyne came by to see Kyanne and give her a Christmas Present. When she put down the boxes, Kyanne knew what to do next. She got a cute shopping cart and a box full of plastic food. I made sure she understood that french fries, cookies, were not good for her. LOL! I think Kyanne was over tired after awhile because she started to cry for no reason. Daddy tried to get her to sleep in her bed but we could hear her crying nonstop. Mommy went upstairs, picked her up in my arms and she just melted on me. I so enjoy the moment when I can feel her body just letting go. She’s just to comfortable in my arms. I got her to fall asleep first and then had no problem to put her in her bed.

She got up crying an hour after and I had to make her fall asleep in my arms again. Not sure if something is wrong but she did not seem comfortable. I’m afraid it’s going to be a long night... I better get to bed in case she needs me later.

Oh and the white noise machine... did not really work last night. She got up 4 times and was up and ready to start her day at 7am. As soon as I walked in her room, she was lying down and only took 2 minutes to fall asleep, but she still woke up. I guess the machine will probably only work for when we have company and when Nicole gets home late and goes in her apartment. It will cut out the voices and the door noises. I guess children do get up during the night. Not sure if she has bad dreams, thinking where am I??? I guess the only thing I can do for her now is make sure I respond to her right away and make her feel at ease.



Making pancakes... and sucking her thumb!
 Kyanne playing with Mrs. Potato Head and decided to try on the glasses.
Loving her yogurt!
 My inspector is telling me that she needs to be changed LOL!
My little Acadien Girl!!!
Before Kyanne came along, I used to dance with George  all the time in the kitchen. Today we danced the 3 of us. I think George was some happy to have her dance again. 

Trying on Sam's e-collar LOL!
 Opening her gift!
Let the shopping begin...

1 comment:

Denise said...

Love the picture of her with the Mr Potato Head glasses! Unfortunately, yes, kids do get up at night. I wonder if this might be new, in part because she IS bonding. It's probably a bit scary for her that she is loving you... The waking up will pass though. As long as she knows you will always be there when she wakes up, it should ease up eventually. It might take awhile though! Amazingly, you will get used to it to a certain degree :)