Friday, December 9, 2011

Already Friday!

Another week has passed. Time is sure going fast. We both woke up just before 9 this morning. I got a nice message on FB from Denise this morning. She is giving me great advice. When I’m home all day with Kyanne, I sometime feel hopeless. I feel that I will not successes and then a few minutes after, she comes in with a great big smile and hugs me and doesn’t want to let me go. Denise was telling me how important it is for young children like Kyanne to nap during the day. It’s not like I didn’t know, but right now, I am trying to keep my head above the water... I’m just surviving. I guess she made me realize that it’s now time to start getting her into a routine. Up until now, I was just letting her do what she wanted, but it’s time to put structure and a routine.


After breakfast, we went for a long walk on the beach. Can you believe it, George went for a swim. I can’t believe that dog. Sam stayed with us but the seagulls were too tempting for George. When we got back, we went for a short drive to the store to get more bananas. I only had half of one left and I didn’t want her to run out LOL! When we got back, I could tell that Kyanne was tired. She was playing with her hair and always wanted to be in my arms. I grabbed my sling and got her comfortable to nap. I walked around for a good half hour and decided i would try and put her in her crib. To my surprise, she did not say a word. As soon as I laid her body in her crib, she got all comfy and closed her eyes. I didn’t want to start smiling there because I was afraid she would get up. I gently went down the stairs and felt like I had won first place in a race!!! For the first time in 2 weeks, I was able to get Kyanne to sleep in her crib by myself. It felt so good. This the first time since we came home that I am by myself. I called Victor right away to tell him the good news. Silly me, instead of just relaxing, I stared to clean until I kicked myself in the butt and went to lie in my bed to relax. Yesterday it was the phone ringing and today It was my lovely dogs barking. The cat went downstairs to eat and made some noise and got the dogs running down the stairs barking. Kyanne started to cry. Oh!!!! I was not impressed. I will now have to teach them not to bark when Kyanne is sleeping. She slept for a good hour so it was not bad for the first attempt.

We went downstairs to eat a snack and played a bit; however I could tell she was still sleepy. Not long after, daddy came home. He was early today. I suggested we all go up and take a nap. I don’t know what was wrong with me, but I could have slept all day today. We just woke up in time to start supper. At this point, Kyanne was well rested. It’s so much fun to see her at ease at home. She had her favourite fish with vegetables and rice.

This evening, Kyanne was brining books to me and was sitting on my laps. If she didn’t have me in sight, she would come looking for me and hugged my legs. She would then put her hands up in the air so I would pick her up. I am so grateful that she wants to be with me. :)

I got word from Liette today that she’s with her little Théo!!! I am so relieved she is finally reunited with him. I was thinking of her all day, wondering what she was doing... She sent me a text and said when she got Théo he was sleeping and stayed asleep in her arms. Not the same story as ours!!! I guess that’s what makes each adoption unique. We all have our story. I can’t wait to see them next Wednesday at the airport.

Camera is upstairs so no pictures this evening. I am going to bed now. Tomorrow is another day and I can’t wait to see her again!!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like you all needed naps today! I'm so glad that you had this success today. And it's no wonder you felt like you could sleep all day - it's been a crazy 3 weeks since you knew you were going to get her, then having her home and trying to figure this out... you are all doing so great! I almost cried when I read that she is coming to you and wanting to play, and holding her arms up to you... beautiful. Good for you for stopping your cleaning and taking time to rest! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Julie Vautour said...

Keep up the good work Sylvie. Trust me kids are not perfect. I try to stick with the routines with my kids but there's often stuff to do so just do your best! I've always had trouble with naps in the afternoon so you're not the only one. Also, I can't make them cry it out like you mentionned in an earlier post. It's a choice and you'll hear alot of people encourage you to let them cry it out but trust me it's not for everyone (not for us, espcially the personnality of my kids)... FYI... Chloe slept in our bed until 1 so enjoy those moments!!!

shellandjim said...

I know you do not know me, but I just wanted you to know how much your blog means to all of us adoptive parents just waiting to bring our babies home!!! Hearing how it is going with your precious daughter, seeing pix of her in her forever family, the whole thing just brings so much hope! We too are adopting a beautiful Haitian baby girl~Lovely (2 yrs old) and have been in process for almost 2 years now......in the final stages of MOI and dreaming of the day we will be posting about life at home! Thanks for sharing your life and stories!
Shelly~Lovely's Mama