Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Trip to the Naturopath Dr.

My sweet little girl slept till 10:30 this morning. I had time to get ready and was waiting for her to get up. I checked her temperature first thing and she was fine. We’re in the clear now! Yahoo!


I laughed so hard this morning. We opened up another doll she received as a gift. There was a little teddy bear with it that played music when you pressed on it. She had it in her hand and was dancing in the kitchen. She eventually forgot about it and left it on the floor by the door. I don’t remember what we were doing but all of a sudden, she heard the music again! She looked at me all concerned and started running. Sam had it in her mouth. As soon as Sam saw her running, she started running too. Kyanne screamed real loud and Sam dropped it on the floor. I wish I would have had that on video.

My plan today was to bring Kyanne to the Naturopath for an exam, Chapters to get a book on toddlers and get a few things at the mall. We left all happy around noon. Daddy met us at chapters. Was she ever excited to see him!!!

As soon as we walked into Chapters, I could tell that she wasn’t feeling good. She walked up to the kids table to play with a phone; however it did not take long for her to stare at me with her sad eyes. I got her back in the stroller and went looking for the book that I wanted. I looked and looked but it was not there. The lady said it would take 5 to 6 weeks to order it. I’ll just order it online and probably get it faster. We drove to Dr. Gleixer’s office... What an adventure!!! I got in the door and she immediately started crying. I had to fill out some papers and I had to do it with her in my arms, standing up. The girl at the front desk was trying to help me but nothing worked. I gave her a banana as soon as we walked into his office and it calmed her for 2 minutes and then she started to cry and cry... She was trying to throw herself out of my arms. The naturopath was trying to talk to me and we couldn’t even hear each other. I excused myself for a few minutes to go back to the car and get my sling. It did calm her for a few minutes but not enough for him to do an exam. He gave me some supplies to build up her immune system to try and fight her cold, some vitamin D and something for fever if it would reach more than 103. He said not to use it unless it’s severe. I will be at ease now that I have something for her instead of panicking like the other night. I had the Advil for Children fever... first ingredient artificial flavour... not what I want to give her. So now I am happy, despite the scene she made. Nothing like a first trip to the Dr. He said to bring her again when she feels better and maybe bring my husband along so one can hold her and he can talk to the other parent without having to scream LOL! Oh and as soon as I got her back in the car seat, she looked at me with a smile on her face!!! Was it all an act or she just didn’t like him? Ah well, we’ll see what happens next time. She slept the whole way back. I took the long way and drove for about 45 minutes. So as you can already guess, we did not go to the mall. I guess I’ll go another day. When we got home she was all happy again. She was running around, chasing the dogs.

While I was getting supper ready, she came to me and took my hands. She wanted to count my fingers like we’ve been practicing. I could tell she was proud of herself. Mommy’s smile was so bright. I just love to see her learn. I know it won’t take long for her to start talking. I can tell that she is already picking up what I am saying.

The whole family was home tonight. Nicole, Renée, Chris and Amanda. We all sat in the living room and played with Kyanne. Some of us were playing go catch Kyanne, some were playing hide and seek and the rest played with her blocks. I can just sit on the couch and watch her in her element. You can tell that she is having so much fun.

I thought I was going to have to fight with her to take her herbal liquid before bed but it wasn’t that bad. She looked at me funny but she didn’t cry. We’ll see how it goes in the morning for the next round.

Around 7, I told everyone that I was going to go upstairs to try and get her to sleep instead of passing out on daddy. I want to be able to do it myself as well. It did not take her long to fall asleep in my arms. I tried to put her in her crib and it woke her up and she was just about to start crying. I picked her back up and she leaned again my checked and got back comfortable. I walked really close to her crib and she leaned her hand over the crib like she wanted to be in it. I thought I was hallucinating and decided to put her down and she got all comfortable and closed her eyes. I did not believe what I had just seen. I sat down for a few minutes to make sure she was really sleeping. My baby girl is comfortable in her own bed. I am so proud of her. I guess this will make up for the scene at the Dr. Office hahaha!






Packing her lunch for the day adventure. Some for Sam and George as well. :)

I think she likes my IPhone better that the one at Chapters LOL! She doesn't look too impressed!


 Learning to feed her doll.
Getting special attention from her sister Renée!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I wonder if she just knew the Naturopath was a Dr. type office. I think orphanage kids know the Doctors as a place they go to get needles and tests done (= pain). You could email GLA and see how she did with doctors in Haiti... hopefully you wont need to go to a Doctor for real for a very long time :)