Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Loving everything about Kyanne!

Monday...
I went to wake up sleeping beauty at 10 this morning. I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but she sure loves to sleep. This morning I made her favourite oatmeal, however she did not like it as much as her organic instant oatmeal with flax seeds. I want her to start eating the regular one. I find the instant has too much sugar. She ate some, but not hands full like before. I hope she gets used to it.


Kyanne loves any kind of butter. This morning it was almond butter. She decided that she was even going to treat her hair to some nice sticky butter... I was not planning on washing her hair till the end of the week, but I will have no choice tonight.

Since she woke up late, I had time to get ready for the day and start some laundry. I decided to go to Costco to get the Christmas cards I got made with her pictures. I used the pictures GLA had done for the November update. Luckily, I did not get the update since she was already home, however they gave us a CD full of pictures and she said she included the Christmas ones as well. She looked beautiful in the pictures. Daddy met us there at lunch time. Kyanne slept on the way home. I tried to put her back to bed when we got home but she was too hipper. We went outside instead to take some air. I wish we would have snow now! I want her to play in the snow... at least; I hope she likes snow LOL!

When we got in, Kyanne was really playful. I find that she includes me more in her games and wants to sit with me when she plays with her toys. We still play a lot of, come and get me. That really gets her going. She loves to run around the living room and then in the kitchen.

I still can’t get over her reaction when she sees the cat. I must record her and upload the clip one of these days. It’s hilarious!!!

When I got her in the tub this evening, I was so looking forward to wash her hair. I’m sure if we would have a lab here, we would have no problem finding out everything she ate during the past week. I enjoyed playing with her hair this evening. She was calm and was having fun dumping water on her belly. Victor came to help me rinse her hair and we were pouring the water on her head and she actually enjoyed it. I think I make things more complicated that they are. I guess children love to get water dumped on their heads... at least my child does. I should have remembered that from the volunteer’s comments on her. They said she loved getting water dumped on her head when she was in the kiddie pool. I really have to bring her swimming one of these days so she does not get afraid of the water.

So off to bed mommy brings her. I held her for 15 minutes in my arms while she squeezes me tight and she did not say a word when she got in her crib. She peeks from one eye to make sure I stay by her side and she goes to sleep. This is the best moment for me. Seeing her all comfortable and secure in her own little bed. A co-worker of mine adopted a 9 month old girl from China a few years back and she said, A. was like Kyanne as well. She wanted her own bed. They tried getting to sleep with them, but she was more comfortable in her bed. She said her comfort and security was knowing they were by her side in her room.

I thought I loved Kyanne like nothing else in the world when we were waiting for her, but the love I feel right now getting to know her is out of this world. She’s my baby girl and we’re going to make an awesome team the 2 of us!!!!


Waking up Princess Cormier!
Loving her bed.

Being silly for mommy. She was saying cheese!

Almond butter by the spoon LOL!
Checking to see what flight Théo is on to come home!!!
Daddy giving treats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
We are so excited to hear that Kyanne has finally come home. We too have adopted from Haiti, GLA in fact. We were fortunate to get Jeffson and Rihanna just a couple of weeks after the earthquake. It was a very stressful time but amazing to God at work. It took nearly four years from start to finish and would have taken another year except the earthquake sped up the process. Haiti is always on our hearts. I have been there 3 times and can't wait to go again. The Haitians truly are amazing. We live in the Sussex, NB area and also have a boxer named Eli. He is awesome. Would love to get in touch if that is ok with you. My email is jody@renewcanada.com.
Thanks...
Jody and Anne Graham
2879 Route 124
Kars, NB
E5T 2Y2
506-485-2299