Thursday, December 8, 2011

Landry Cousins met Kyanne today




We didn’t start the morning on the right side of the bed but the evening finished perfectly!
When Nicole left to go to work and closed the door to her apartment, it woke up her. She started crying. I went to see her right away, thinking she would fall asleep again if I stayed by her bed. Not this time. She wanted out. I tried bringing her in bed with me but not a chance. It was the first morning that I had to wake up so early. I could tell that she was tired and wanted to go to bed, but no way would she get comfortable and rest. I even took out a spare mattress and put it on the floor in her playroom upstairs. I thought she might sleep on it. She played with her toys and I sat with her to play for awhile and she did not mind. I decided to pretend that I was going to sleep and she cried. I picked her up and took her in my arms around 9 and she fell asleep in my sling for a good hour until the phone started ringing. I had just gotten her back to close her eyes and had just transferred her in her bed and the phone rang again. Her eyes opened and she said “Oh Oh”. That was it! She was up and ready for another round. I now understand why parents have the ringer off on the phones. I was never able to understand why! I do now!!!


After lunch, we packed up and went to Memramcook to see my cousins and all their children. Every Christmas, we have a big get together with all the family and the little children are in a Christmas play. This is the first year that I get to go to the rehearsals hahah! Kyanne was very shy at first. She did not want to leave my arms for a good hours. After a while, I had to go play her part in the play and throw the ball with all the other elves. Once she saw what I was doing, she started cheering every time we catch the ball. While we were eating pizza, she started to make funny faces to all her cousins. Everyone was laughing. The really enjoyed her. They’ve been waiting so long for her.

On our way home, daddy texted us to see if we were ok. I think he was just lonely LOL! Kyanne had a power nap on our way back and now she’s like a yoyo! She walked in the door and ran to the dogs to give them a big hug. She’s been bouncing on one chair to the couch, chasing the cat and almost jumped in the Christmas tree. She was pulling on the decorations and I thought it was going to fall. She talked all evening. I still don’t understand what she’s saying, but I’m sure it won’t take long for her to start speaking French.

Watching her this evening was like winning a million dollars. I can just sit there and watch her. She is full of energy and is soooo loving.

That’s it for me! I am going to bed... in case she decides to get up tomorrow bright and early.







No comments: