Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa Clause / Fever

 
This morning daddy made french toast with maple syrup and Kyanne just love it. I guess she’ll eat eggs if its hidden in her bread.  We relaxed this morning and did not rush to do anything. She was having fun being herself. I tried to play around with her hair while she was in her chair and she was pulling my hands down. I even gave her pieces of banana and she ate it fast to try and stop me. I did not force it and decided I would do it this evening instead. After lunch, we headed to town to get a few things. By the time we had finished all our stops, we just had time to come home to unpack the grocery, eat a quick bite and head to the Santa Clause Parade. We dressed her warm and back in the car. Kyanne was with some of her friends but she did not want to walk around. She is still not comfortable being in a strange place. If she doesn’t feel comfortable, she wants to stay in our arms. I don’t mind at all! After the parade, we came home for supper. Kyanne had a little friend over to play with after the parade. It was really cute to see them together. Once everyone left, I got in the bath with her and was able to detangle her hair with conditioner. It felt good to run my fingers through her hair. She did not mind at all. She was playing with her rubber ducky, flutes, drums in the water. 
Kyanne is doing Yoga like mommy! Yes!!!

Mommy bought too many things today that George had to cuddle up with Kyanne and Sam was sitting on my lap in the passenger seat in the front.

This evening, I found that Kyanne was super comfortable. She wanted me to chase her around the house and was playing hide and seek games. When I went upstairs to change her, she took my hands and played the game that I had been showing her now for a few days. I was so proud of her. I count her little toes and fingers as well when I go up to change her and this evening, she was taking her toes one by one and was counting them in her own words. Too cute!


After I got her all comfy in her pyjamas, I brought her over to daddy so I could finish taking my shower. When I got back in the living room, she was sound asleep. Victor said that she was a bit warm. I got out my thermometer and yes she had a fever! OMG! What am I going to do? She had a fever of 100.9. I didn’t not know if it was normal or high. I googled it right away and it said that normal can be up to 100.4. My husband was a bit freaked out. He doesn’t do well when someone is sick. He started saying it was because we went to the parade and I brought her outside the other day... LOL! I let him vent a bit and told him she was ok. Once he went to bed, I started freaking LOL! I called my cousin LIsanne to see what I had to do. I had Advil fever for Children 2 to 12 years old but Kyanne is only 17 months. What do I do???? She was calmer than me so she googled some more and it said not to give it to any child under 2. First thing I read on the box... artificial flavour... Oh yes, I don’t want to give her that now. My cousin said it’s not at a threatening stage, but to just keep an eye on her. I relaxed downstairs for a bit and checked her temperature again and it was up to 101.4. Now I am panicking... I saw that Liette was still up at 11pm because she liked one of my pictures on FB LOL! I emailed her to see if she was up... as if I didn’t know... she emailed me back that I could call her. Liette, the calm loving and nurturing mommy to be in a few days got me to relax. She took out one of her books for toddlers and read to me what it said for fever and said not to worry. Before I called her, I was warming up some honey to go give her because of her cough but Liette said not to wake her up if she is sleeping. Before she went to bed, she was all happy and giggly so I shouldn’t be concern. She did not show any signs of discomfort. When I hung up the phone with Liette, went to check it again and it was back at 100.5.

I guess I got my first scare at being a mommy. It’s not really a big deal but it is when your little one is sick and you can’t make her better. Hopefully she’ll be ok tomorrow and we can spend the day home relaxing and getting to know each other even more. Thank you again Lisanne and Liette for your help!!!

As I am finishing typing my blog, I was going to chat with someone on FB and said Hi to Denise Naus by accident. I don’t think it was really an accident because I was checking earlier if she or Adrienne were online to ask them what is too high of a temperature??? I had in my head that 103 is high but I wanted to double check with someone who has young children and down home now, it‘s too late to call someone. It’s great to have friends on the other side of Canada!!! I guess, God led my subconscious to send her a message because she made me feel good. I’m fine now and I am going to bed. I have a little one to take care of tomorrow.
Santa Clause Parade





Can you tell that Kyanne doesn't like to be on the ground when she is not comforable LOL! Poor girl. Mommy had to take her in her arms.

Daddy waiting for Santa Clause.


4 comments:

Denise said...

Yes, I think it was a God thing to chat with you on fb - glad I could help! I think it will be good for Kyanne to have a nice, quiet day at home snuggling with her mommy tomorrow :)

Jolene said...

I've been struggling with the fever thing for 8 years now! I finally only now feel like I have some darn idea! lol
First of all - fevers are good! It is the body's natural way of destroying viruses and bacteria. Don't medicate unless you have to. I've been told to judge it more on the child's behaviour than the temperature. I'm not too comfortable with that rule - so my Dr. gave me a concrete number. She says to medicate at 103.5, unless they are feeling really bad and need some pain relief. The unfortunate thing, is that I end up not sleeping well, because I'm always checking their fever every 30 mins. The good thing - is now I am able to judge it by the touch.

A great tip is that pineapple is a natural fever reducer! I've used it several times and it works! Should be fresh though and the little one has to feel well enough to eat or drink it of course!

Hope she's feeling better soon!

ourpartyof4 said...

Sylvie-
Hope Kyanne is feeling better today! I totally understand the stress and anxiety you feel as a new mom when your little one gets sick! I remember those days :-)

I love seeing the pics of you guys! You all look so happy!
-Kate

Kori said...

I am 100% with Jo, although I've never heard of using pineapple as a natural fever reducer! I remember feeling so panicky (and still do!) when Raena was/is sick. But fevers do serve a very good purpose, as long as they don't get too crazy-high. I never sleep when she is sick, and need to be right by her at night, and do nothing but snuggle with her during the day! :)

What a good mama you are to sweet Kyanne. Get better soon, little one!