Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bonding Day... all because of Yoga

I woke up at 8:30. I can’t tell you how great it is to be able to wake up without an alarm clock. I slowing got out of bed stretching and went for my glass of water and lemon followed by my coffee! Around 9, George and Sam were board and went to check on Kyanne. I think they were ready to play. If I want her to sleep longer in the mornings, I’ll have to put the baby gate so they can’t go upstairs and wake her. Now when I get to her room, she is standing in her bed and has her big rabbit teddy bear I got for her. She hands it over to me giggling and throws all the blankets on the floor. You can tell that she feel good in her own space. She loves her room!

Théo is leaving Haiti today!!! I am so excited for Liette. I can’t wait for her to be home tomorrow. I’ve been thinking of her so much and been missing her, the past couple of days.

We danced this morning. I had her in my arms making her spin and bending her down. She was in heaven. I can now put her down and she won’t cry. I make sure she has something to look at or do and she’s fine. More progress... If I am a few feet away from her and she sees me, she will stretch her arms so I can take her... and of course, mommy just runs to her and takes her in.

Kyanne discovered another food category that is not in my book... non organic food LOL! She found daddy’s Kellogg’s Special K... and of course, she just loves it!

After breakfast, we sat in the kitchen on my dirty floor and played together. What a nice way to enjoy my cup of coffee. I decided to get a little creative this morning and started doing yoga stretches. She was watching me and giggling. When I was on the floor, she was coming towards me and wanted to sit on me. I pretended I was a circus ride and was making her shake and go up and down. She loved it so much that mommy continued and did her push ups while she was lying on the floor and got to give her a few kisses. I think this is going to work for the bonding!!! I got to do my abs while she was sitting on my belly. Last but not least... I had her as a barbell and was making her fly up and mommy was full a drool when we were done. She was screaming so hard. When I stopped, she wanted more. LOL! I’ll make sure not to do that exercise right after she eats...  I think it’s going to become a ritual for our yoga time/bonding time in the am. Hey if it makes Kyanne happy and mommy happy! What else could you ask for???

After our fun time, we got dressed and went outside. The sun was shining. It’s really weird to be outside mid-December and it’s not even cold. I decided to go out for a jog. It turned out great. Sam and George stayed by my side not even pulling on the leash. This is life for me! I enjoy being outside so much and now even more, having my 3 girls by my side not fighting LOL... Life could not get any better.

When we came back from our jog, daddy arrived for a surprise visit. He had lunch with us. It’s so wonderful to see Kyanne’s expression when she sees her daddy home. She knows who her Daddy and Mama are for sure. No doubt in my mind.

Right after lunch, I got her upstairs and she went in her crib right away. I had to stay by her side for 10 minutes and was able to leave without her crying. Week 3 and I’m already going up the hill. Once she was napping, I got a chance to do some of my obsessive cleaning, minus the vacuum, prep my veggies and fish for supper and even made a brownie for dessert. All 3 girls are sound asleep. I am full of energy so I won’t be napping today. Before this week, I did not understand how house wives could take care of their children, clean and have supper ready. Now that I can get Kyanne to nap in the pm, I now realize that it is possible to do all that and still have hair LOL!

Kyanne ate a lot for supper. I made trout, garlic mash potatoes and veggies. She loved it except the veggies. I need a trick on how to make her eat it. I tried blending it, leaving it in cubes and cutting it in little pieces. I need a miracle on this one!!!

After supper, I went to visit Janie and Ghislain, Kyanne’s cousins. She wanted to stay in my arms at first and then she realized there were lots of toys and she eventually made her way to play with them. Ghislain was so happy to see her. All kept on saying her name, over and over.

Renée and Chris came over this evening to play with Kyanne. Victor went upstairs to bring her to bed, but it did not work this time. She cried. After 2 attempts, mommy went upstairs. She smiled and gave me her bunny teddy bear again. My little girl was not tired yet. It took me a good 20 minutes for her to close her eyes.

Another day passed and mommy is all happy. Can’t wait for tomorrow to go see Liette and Théo at the airport.



Oh oh!!! Kyanne found daddy's cereal!

She's not sure if she likes dog food or not yet LOL!

Surprise visit from daddy at lunch.

Yum Yum! Mommy found some dye free cheese sticks for me.

All set for a stroll outside.

Dancing in the kitchen with mommy.

Playing with my big sister Renée.




No comments: