Thursday, December 22, 2011

Traveling Day - Nov 18, 2011

Friday, November 18, 2011

Woke up with an even bigger smile on my face. I was actually up at 4:30, however I stayed in bed till about 6. Geroge made sure she was going to follow me downstairs. She knew we were leaving... :)

When they see the suitcases lying around, they have the sad puppy faces.

Made coffee and relaxed a bit. I have to start getting used to “Is today the day???” I tried really hard to live my life one day at a time, however, I was not an expert at it. I finished packing and made sure we were not over 50 lbs for each suitcase.

When Renée and Chris arrived, it felt real. We are really leaving...

I said my goodbyes to Sam and Geroge but not like before. I was not sad because we when we are going to arrive back home, I will be staying home with them for a year. I think they will like that!

Ola, my brother in law drove us to Halifax airport to catch our flight. Because I booked last minute on my aeroplan points, we had to drive 2 hrs to another airport instead of leaving from Moncton airport which is 15 minutes from home.

Renée made us laugh at security check. She had her books to study and had her pencil case with sharp scissors. She was all red and shy. We laughed so hard. She does not travel often and she was really paranoid after LOL!

A women at the Halifax airport asked all the questions not to ask. “So what! You can’t have any children? How much does she cost?...” I could go on and on but it’s not worth it. I think she had a few to drink and I just answered a few vague questions and turned around. She was very ignorant.

Flight was delayed a bit but I didn’t care. I know we had an overnight in NYC and we had plenty of time. When we got to Newark Airport it was like a zoo. People working at the airport were telling us different answers. We had no clue how to get to the shuttle bus for the hotels. We were running around in circles for a bit and eventually found our way to the correct terminal. We got the hotel around 8 ish. Nice Best Western... but creepy place. I would not go outside for a walk.

We all relaxed that evening to make sure we were all ready for the BIG DAY Tomorrow!

I was still feeling calm and happy. I am just looking forward to tomorrow. And just take it one day at a time.

Kyanne's room all ready for her!
Leaving to go get Kyanne!

No comments: