Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Exciting day! Théo is coming home!

This morning, Kyanne and I were both singing and dancing to our Christmas music. I could not stop thinking of Liette all day!

Kyanne helped me make breakfast and I discovered that she did like eggs. Just not the way I thought she would. I was preparing french toast, turned around for a few seconds and to my surprise, she was eating the pieces of bread soaked with raw eggs. I wanted to vomit but she just loved it. She had a peace in each hand. I tried to take it away from her and she said something to me that I did not understand. I know body builders eat raw eggs, but should 18 month old girls eat it??? Yuck yuck...

She loves taking her medicine... don't know why LOL!

Yuck!



I got her in the bathtub this morning. I wanted to detangle her hair. It worked great! She did not try to stop me once. While I was trying to get ready, daddy arrived. He’s not feeling well. Daddy has a cold and he wanted to sleep. I got both of them to go for a nap while mommy went to gas the car, get balloons for Théo. I even had time to go for a nice long walk on the beach with the dogs. For the first time today, George found it cold and she did not swim. She was staring at the seagulls and wanted to go so bad, but she stayed back and just watched them.

At the airport, Kyanne was very shy. She stayed in my arms till the last 10 minutes. I don’t mind one bit that she wants to be with me. I kind of like it. 

When Théo and Liette walked through the doors at the airport, I was so relieved! They were finally home. Théo and mommy were both smiling. She even put him down and he was running. He is so handsome. As he was running, he turned back to see his mom and ran back to her arms. I think I felt her comfort as well! He is already attached to her. It’s so special. Kyanne did not want to go see him at first. Only at the end she started playing and running around. When we left, Liette and I had them in our arms and they both waved goodbye and blew a kiss with their hands. It was so special. I can’t wait to be able to go spend time with the 2 of them. It’s going to be a wonderful year having play dates.

I don’t know if Kyanne inhaled some helium from the balloons, but she was wired this evening. We had company all evening and she did a good job of entertaining. Raymonde, Amanda, Jeanne, Renée and Chris all came for a visit. They really enjoyed her. She was full of energy. She was walking with a hat on her head that she could not see and was bumping everywhere trying to make us laugh. Well it worked.

She even had her first fall. She was on the couch with Nicole and she just ran to the edge like she was diving from a diving board into a pool, except the pool was a full bag of blocks LOL! She cried for 30 seconds and it was all done. I think it just scared her more than she got hurt. When I put her down for bed, it did not take her long to fall asleep. She was out in 2 minutes.



3 comments:

Adrienne said...

So glad Liette is home now too! What fun the kids will have together :)

Denise said...

How wonderful that Liette is home and you can have play dates together! It will be so great to have a friend you can talk to and relate to with all the excitement and trials of having new kids at home :) So glad to hear that Kyanne (and you!!) are doing so great!

Jess said...

so great to hear you're all settling in :)