Friday, December 2, 2011

Emotional Day! Some good and some bad!

I should of known with that look that today was going to be a hectic day LOL!

I want to start this blog by thanking the adoptive moms that are giving me pointers and comments on my blogs. I really appreciate what you have to say. I know I read books, blogs, articles about adoptions for the past 3 years, but I feel that I am lost right now. I honestly forgot everything. All your helps much appreciated. I am sharing your comments with my husband in the evenings and he’s really interested on what you girls had to say to help us out.


We tried eggs again this morning and she just doesn’t like it. I tried hiding pieces in cottage cheese and she was still throwing the pieces on the floor. I am going to give up for now and we’ll try back in a month or so.

I’ve been trying to give her pro biotic to boost her immune system but she doesn’t drink enough milk so I opened the capsule and spread it on her bread and peanut butter. She still has a cold and I am trying to get rid of it so hopefully the pro biotic will help. I woke up this morning with sore throat... I cut up small pieces of garlic cloves swallowed it with water. I drank lots of tea as well to keep me warm. Hopefully it will do the trick and I won’t get worst.

 
Kyanne wanted to help out mommy and clean her dish!

 
Look mommy... all clean LOL!

Kyanne keeps on waking up earlier every morning. I hope it stops and she stays at 7:30 or 8 like this morning. I find it’s a good time to wake up if we need to get ready and go somewhere. Anabelle my god child gave Kyanne a Christmas CD yesterday and Kyanne really likes it. She was dancing the morning away.


Hair: I was just staring at her thinking what I am going to do with you now!!! I have a hard time doing my own hair. How on earth am I going to do this? Well, I took out a spray bottle; put some water and jojoba oil to spray in her hair. She was smiling in and touching her hair. I think she likes having her hair done. Once it was a bit damp, I took out my full basket of stuff for her hair and was just blank. After a while, I decided to try and do a few pig tails for fun and it was actually cute. I am going to take the advice that I got yesterday from other adoptive moms and not go to the hair salon. I will treat her hair naturally and get it all healty.

This morning, we were playing on the floor and I reached for her mouth to give her a kiss and she came to me and gave me a kiss on the lips. I gave her a big hug after and she had a big smile on her face. I called Victor right away and emailed Liette! She is making so much progress. I picked her up in my arms and squeezed her so hard. Eventually, when I put her down, she took the small doll that Rachel from work gave her gave her and gave it a kiss and got me to kiss is the doll as well. I think she loves that doll because it’s tinny and she can carry it around. Thank You Rachel!!!

After all that kissing, I got her dressed and we went for a walk outside. The sun was shining and I needed to get out. I can’t stay indoors too long. I get cabin fever. While we were walking down the street, the house at the corner of the street came outside to meet Kyanne. They had a gift for her as well. They were happy to finally meet our little princess.


 I got her dressed to go outside but I think she wanted to go for a drive instead. She was pointing at the car in the garage...


These are her favorite things so far. Oh and let's not forget the bananas. I did not take them out for the picture because she would have wanted another one.

I gave her the rest of the soup from yesterday that she loved so much for lunch. Again, she let me feed her. She just couldn’t get enough in her mouth at one time.


Once she was done with lunch she started yawning. She hadn’t slept much in the stroller so she needed a nap. Tried to get her upstairs and sleep in our bed with me and she was screaming like someone was hurting her. As soon as I put her in my arms and stood up, she immediately stopped. I tried to let her cry for 1 minute and then put her in my arms again but no, I had to stay up. I went downstairs with her, tried to sit her down on the couch but same scenario. I took out my sling and settled her in and she stopped crying and cuddle on me. She took a deep breath meaning, finally mommy. You understand that I want you to cuddle with you!!!! But why do I need to stand up for her to have comfort???? Does anyone know? It was pretty rough. I had tears running down my face while I was holding her. She was fine at this point. I had her in the sling for a good hour and a half. She was holding my arms and would sometime play with my hair. I guess I need to take my time and let her sleep in the sling until she is ready for next stage. While I was waling around the house with her in the sling, I got thinking that I always said that while I am on my parental leave, I wanted to stay fit, but did not want to leave her to go to yoga or gym. I think god has answered my prayer and sent me a child that will keep me fit. I was doing lunges, swats while she was in my arms. I even learned to eat with my left hand while she was sleeping and was still able to answer my FB and texts with one hand. I’ll be a pro by next week LOL! It was a bit emotional when I was trying to comfort her and she would not stop crying but now I know that the sling is the answer and that’s what I’m going to use from now on if that’s what makes her comfortable.



When she finally woke up, I was on the floor making yoga moves to straighten out my back and she was just laughing at me. I tried to get her to join me, but she could not stop laughing. Then the running around continued. I was a bit relaxed at that point and now she was all pumped up again. I didn’t have time to make more coffee so I thought to myself. Who needs chocolate covered coffee beans... why not just eat the bean! Well that’s what I did and it worked. I was able to finish the afternoon playing around with her.

This evening, I made her veggie burger (just the patty), carrots, turnips and sweet potato fries, baked in the oven. At first she was only eating the veggie burger. I was starting to be depressed thinking she would not eat her veggies but once we stopped starting at her eat, she almost finished the whole plate.


Daddy giving her peaces of apples from an apple pie.



She's just so hilarious!!!

We got the Christmas tree set up in the living room and we are going to decorate it tomorrow evening. It will be interesting to see what Kyanne is going to do. Is she going to decorate the tree with Nicole or is she going to break the ornaments???? We’ll see tomorrow.


To sum it all up... what I have learned today... Kyanne needs her mama more than anything and she needs to feel secure. I will have her in my sling during the day when she wants to fall asleep and we’re alone. I am going to do my best possible to make her as comfortable as I can. Maybe today was just a reality check for me.

Oh and one last thing, Kyanne almost ate a doggy treat. I wanted her to give Sam and George a treat and she backed away with the treat in her hand and she opened her mouth... mommy to the rescue and I took it from her in time. LOL! I guess we’ll need to practice more on the real doggy treats.



Youpi!!! The Chistmas Tree!!! 

Kyanne sound asleep with daddy by her side. Night night all!

3 comments:

Denise said...

What a great attitude to have - that God answered your prayers and you now have a way to stay fit without leaving her :) One attachment style that we are seriously considering using with Giselle actually requires the parent to carry the child in a carrier most of the day with some time out for exercise - so perhaps naps and a lot of the wake hours are with the child in the carrier. As difficult as it might be to have her in the carrier for her naps, it is probably her way of wanting to bond with you, and there might also be some fear that you will disappear while she sleeps.
As for not letting you sit... you should do what you can physically handle, but I think at some point you might just have to sit in the rocking chair with her and let her cry until she sleeps. She will probably only scream a few times and then will not fight it so much. As long as you are with her holding her, it is not because she is feeling neglected, but maybe is trying to be a bit controlling? That might come later though when you have a more secure attachment with her. I might consider investing in a carrier that supports your back better than a sling if she will be in it for a few hours a day. Such as a Baby Hawk mei tai carrier - as long as it is something where you can carry her in the front (not on your back) as that is important for attachment. You are doing great Sylvie! It is normal for any new mother to feel overwhelmed and need to cry... you are blessed to have each other :)

Jolene said...

I think that is the million dollar question! All babies do it! I'm almost certain that they are afraid that you won't be there when they wake up in the bed. (Just as Denise said). Also, they associate sleep with the bed... and many times they try to fight it.
My first did the same thing. With the second, I started to nap in bed with them both in the afternoons (a side effect of 2 under 18 months perhaps!? lol)... and I never had that problem, as they knew they could expect me to be there when they woke up.

I have never tried a mei tai, but I found Ergo carriers to be fantastic and if you watch babysteals.com, you can get them for $60! You should watch it regardless... some fantastic deals!! ;)(I think they have the mei tais every now and again too!!)

I love her little hair puffs btw!! ;)

Nat_Bee said...

#1, youpi que Kyanne est arrivée! #2 I,m reading the book 'Happiest baby on the block' its more about newborns, but it says swinging them or jiggling, whatever, essentially the movement that happens in a carrier recreates the womb, and is a universal trick for calming babies... Also lots of cultures carry their babies most of the day... Don't know from experience yet, but it seems to fit... The book says usually once they are calm, that a rockin motion ( like rocking chair) can be used to keep them calm... Si ça peux aider... The same guy also wrote a book called happiest toddler on the block.. don't know what that's about... but anyways, might be interesting...