Saturday, December 3, 2011

Busy Saturday

Mommy attempting to do Kyanne’s hair.
They sometime say, like mother like daughter!!! Well Kyanne sleeps like me. She tosses and turns all night long. She rolls to one side, then sticks out her bum, slaps me in the face... It was quite the night. Around 7:45, I told my husband that I was going to sneak out of bed to get ready before she wakes up and as soon as I put one foot on the floor, her beautiful eyes were starting at me. I jumped right back in bed and she smiled. She was actually looking for the dogs as well. She loves to see them first thing in the morning.


My hubby is still feeling under the weather so we had a quick breakfast. She had her oatmeal and flax with her banana. While she was eating and listening to Christmas songs, , I went in the bathroom to put on some makeup and I peaked to see what she was doing. I wish I had the video camera; she was singing and waving her hands up in the air like I showed her. She realized that I was watching and she started to laugh. What did mommy do... I walked in the kitchen and join her for the rest of the song.


Kyanne and Maxime having a snack.


First thing after breakfast, we had little Maxime, Kyanne’s cousin and his mom for a visit. Kyanne had fun with Maxime. They played together. Kyanne hasn’t been around too many children since she got home so it was fun to see her play.


By the time they left, Kyanne was felling tired so she went up for a nap with daddy. I think they slept for a good 2 hours. I was getting restless. I wanted to go wake them but I knew they were both fighting a cold so I let them sleep. When they got up, I had lunch ready. I baked her some fish, rice and leftover turnip from yesterday. She still enjoyed the fish. I might try salmon next time and see if she likes it. Salmon is my favourite.

After lunch it was more company. My cousin from Ottawa was down and she came to see her with her mom and her other cousin. Kyanne was really shy when they came in. She was in my arms and was just staring at them. After an hour, she started being more comfortable but was not being her usual.

In the evening, Nicole decorated the tree. Kyanne did not really think much of it. I thought she would be more into it but it was not really a big deal for her. I just hope she doesn’t tear it apart tomorrow. While Nicole was decorating the tree, Kyanne came to sit on my lap! Did you hear that... she sat on my lap! I got all weird...she did not stay long, but she did come. Not long after, she wanted me to help her climb on the couch by me. She was not staying still but at least she was by my side playing with me. That felt so good!!!



Ouff! I think she's need to go to bed soon!


Wow! It felt so good!!! xoxo



I walked in the bathroom and she followed me and pointed at the bathtub. I think she was getting tired and wanted her bath. I was quite amazed that she already knows the routine. I got the water running and we both got in the tub, splashed and played with her toys for awhile until she started playing with her hair and got her thumb in her mouth. I think its dodo time. I rubbed her little body with Shea butter and when I got to her forehead, she looked up and seemed she was meditating LOL! I think she loves the attention she’s getting. Not even 15 minutes after, she was sound asleep in daddy’s arms. Poor girl had a long day. I think tomorrow we’re going to sneak out and go for a family drive.

I will stop blogging now. I got a very nice and very long descriptive email from Denise Naus on how to care for Kyanne’s hair. I am going to take it one day at a time. There is a lot to learn about. Next week I will start to do little at a time and see where it leads me to. Not sure how good I will be but I am willing to try.

 
 Kyanne's sign saying I'm tired
I think daddy likes his little girl!

2 comments:

Denise said...

It made me smile when you said "it's dodo time". Dodo seems to be Giselle's favourite word - she tells all the children "dodo!". I'm hoping it's not because she is a terrible sleeper and that is what she always hears from the nannies :) So glad she came and sat in your lap - and good that she was being shy with new people coming into your home. All very good signs!

Anonymous said...

Sylvie, I've been meaning to comment for a while now - today's the day! I am so happy to read about your first days with little Kyanne! It reminds me so much of our first days with Maia (except Maia was a sleeper and not an eater). I think you have the right idea about giving Kyanne's hair a break from the tight braids. This happenned to Maia and so I did looser styles and six months later the hair looked way better. I just love how you say it just feels so good and I love seeing how happy you are as a family. It's so wonderful!
Lisa