Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Magical Christmas

Having Kyanne present this Christmas was a blessing. I did not care about the hustle and bustle of getting things ready, making this and that... I just lived in the moment and enjoyed her presence. We visited my mom on Christmas Eve and had supper with her because we would only see her on Boxing Day when we have the get together on my dad’s side of the family with all the aunts, uncles and cousins.  
I guess things change when you have a toddler. On Christmas Eve, we normally do a “réveillon “family gets together on Victor’s side after midnight mass (10 pm LOL!) and we eat all night. This year we were home drinking a glass of wine with Kyanne in bed at 10pm. We enjoyed being by ourselves. On Christmas morning, we made waffles and waited for the other family members to arrive to open the presents. Kyanne was pleasant as always. She was stuck with her first present. I knew this was going to happened. I told everyone I did not want any gifts for her but of course, she got plenty. The joy of having her home is so great. After our family Christmas lunch, we came home and spent another quite Christmas evening by ourselves. I think this is the best Christmas ever. In my pyjamas, glass of wine and a few dips and my loved ones. This was by far the quietest Christmas and the most memorable one of all. I am so grateful for my lovely family. Boxing Day, we had a lovely time as well with the family in Memramcook. We did 3 days of visiting where there were crowds of people and Kyanne was just great. She was happy to see everyone and made them laugh. She was very comfortable and at ease I found. She made sure Victor or I were always nearby. I love that she does that. She played the piano at my aunt. It was hilarious to see her. I think she’s going to be a dancer or play music. Every time she hears music, that body just starts to move.
In the past couples of days, I find that Kyanne is saying more words. She catches on real fast. She still doesn’t say mommy but there’s a French son by 1755 that has the word goes like this “Oh mama, oh mama, oh mama, oh mama, Madelaine...” She started saying oh mama and laughs so I think she’ll say it soon. She already says papa and George.
I don’t know where she got this one but she raises her shoulders and shows her lips and laughs. It seems she’s trying to say “I don’t know”!
 Renée taught the difference between hot and cold. She will squeeze her hands is she touches something cold. It’s too funny.
This morning, she helped me unload the dishwasher. She’s starting to know where things are. There was a piece of paper on the floor and she picked it up, opened the garbage and throwed it in and said “ Yah”!!!
She still loves giving kisses. She’s on a roll now. LOL!
During the day, she learns new things, and we make sure to have lots of play time, and nap time. The afternoon naps are going well. It’s getting easier every week. In the evenings after daddy gets home, she’s just wild. She runs all over the house and screams. The dogs have a new routine now. After supper, they go upstairs to have peace and quiet.
All in all, I must say that I am not able to do everything I would like to do in a day, but the most important thing is that I get to spend it with my daughter. It’s not an easy task, but I love the challenge and would not trade it for anything else. I love being her mommy.
Kyanne being silly

Opening her first gift on Christmas Eve.
Picture with mommy and grand-ma.
Kyanne's new Dora bike.
Making our waffles on Christmas Day!
Christmas picture with Amanda (Nicole and Renée's step-sister) and Amanda's dad, Ricky.

Uncle Mathieu's gift all the way from Edmonton.


Amanda and Kyanne having fun!

Princess Kyanne!!!


Daddy playing with Kyanne on Christmas evening.
Our relaxed Christmas supper. What a treat!


Having fun before bedtime.
Sam needs some time with daddy too. I think she's a bit jealous hahah

At the camp for the first time with Kyanne.
Kyanne likes her new sled she got from matante Margo for Christmas.


Kyanne learned a new game... lets help mommy clean. LOL!


2 comments:

Denise said...

Glad your first Christmas together was relaxing and fun :) It looks like she received a lot of thoughtful gifts - esp. the one from the uncle in Edmonton... you might need to come visit him so I can meet you all in person ;) And her hair looks soooo cute! Great job, momma!

ourpartyof4 said...

What a wonderful blessing this Christmas must have been! She looks so beautiful in her white dress. What a doll!
Love all the photos! Keep 'em coming.
-Kate