Monday, December 19, 2011

1 Month since Gotcha Day!

I haven’t blogged for almost a week now. I’ve been so busy with my little girl. I’ve been home for a month now and I am loving every minute of it. It’s hard work, but she’s my girl.  

This weekend, my husband had the flu, fever... so mommy did not stop.
Saturday, Renée and I went to the mall with Kyanne to exchange a jacket for her for a smaller size. Kyanne did not want to stay in her stroller after we tried to take off a few layers. We thought she would be more comfortable and then she started crying. She wanted to be with Renée. By the time we left, Renée was all sweaty LOL! She had a workout.

I was exhausted on Sunday. I needed daddy back. Luckily he got better and decided to come with me to Memramcook for Kyanne’s first birthday party. I wasn’t too sure how it was going to go but she did great. She ran around with all the other children and had fun. Every so often, she came looking for me in the kitchen to make sure I was there, took my hand and made me walk a bit with her and then off she went again with her cousin Kamie.  







This morning, Kyanne decided to wake up at 6am. I think she knew mommy only went to bed at 1am. First time she decides to wake up early. I hope it’s not a new trend LOL! We stared the morning relax. I needed coffee before I could function. We did some yoga together and some stretches. She starts to giggle when she sees me on the floor stretching. She knows it’s time to play. Once we were done, it was still early. I decided to do some twist in her hair. She did not say anything. She was eating crackers and drinking her milk.
I soon realized that I was not made for staying home all day. After we looked at a few books, sang and danced to a few songs... mommy was getting restless. If it wasn’t cold out, I would be able to spend some time outside, but I have a hard time to stay in the house. I decided to pack up the car and head out to see my mom. We spent the afternoon with her. It’s nice to see my mom’s smile when she sees her. On my way home, I decided to take out her seat belt and remove her jacket. Did I ever do wrong... She started crying and I knew she wasn’t going to stop. I took her in my arms and she stopped. When I tried to put her back in, I knew it was going to be a long drive home. I knew she was not hurt so I did not have a choice but to let her cry. She cried for 20 minutes.  By the time we got to Shediac, she stopped crying and passed out. She was in a deep sleep. I even stopped to see Victor at work and it did not even wake her up. Lesson learned... Once she’s in her car seat or stroller, I will not try to get her undress. I will make sure I do that before I set her in the seat.  

Renée came by this evening with her godchild. They both played together. They were jumping on the couch making each other laugh. Kyanne got a dancing doll on the weekend. She knows how to turn it on and she can dance the night away pressing that button.


Before I put her to bed, Victor got her to practice giving kisses. She was clapping her hands each time. She was giving one kiss to daddy and one kiss to mommy X5 J.  We were so happy. We both looked at each other and could not believe the progress she is making.  This evening, I found that she was even more relaxed with me. I was sitting on the couch and she came to me a few times and wanted me to pick her up and she sat by my side and would crawl on me. I was able to hug her real tight and she would not fight to leave. One thing at a time... next, she’ll be sleeping by my side... this might be my Christmas Gift!!! Kidding... I already got my gift. She’s my beautiful little girl.

Liette called me today. She’s doing great! We are going to have a play date this week. I can’t wait to see them.  Liette and I have lots of catching up to do and I can’t wait to see Kyanne and Théo play together. It’s going to be so special!

No comments: