Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gotcha Day - Nov 19, 2011

4 :45 AM! Thank God we did not rely on our wakeup call…( I had read the reviews on trip advisor!!!) It felt like the morning of my wedding day. Both Nicole and Renée helping me to get ready for the Bid Day!!!

I am so happy that they are on this journey with us. It makes it more special. I love them so dearly. Renée said to her dad... “Today is the last day I am going to be your little girl” We all laughed.

Let me tell you flying with continental made it less stressful that our last trip with Insel Air. We did not worry at all. The only thing, it cost us $250 to bring the donations. Oh well, It’s worth every penny knowing it will put a lot of smiles on those children’s faces at Christmas. We got supplies for the children that are not as fortunate as Kyanne and be home with loving families.

An hour before we were boarding, I heard in he speaker “Cormier party of 4... Please come to the gate”. I immediately jumped and ran to the desk. She took our passports and was making funny faces. I did not panic but I was not too sure. I started talking to her and told her w were on our way to Haiti to bring home our daughter. Her face lit up and she congratulated us on the new addition to our family she said “I don’t understand why the computer alerted me to see your passports because they are all in the system. She finished by saying, It was probably so you could hare your story with me...”

So here I am sitting in the plane... not sleeping like usual. I had a double shot of espresso in my Starbucks coffee. I wanted to make sure I had lots of energy... I might not be sleeping for a while.. Who knows hahah!

I asked Melissa yesterday to leave Kyanne upstairs when we arrive so we can get ready. I wanted to capture the moment on video. This is going to be a day that we will never forget in our hearts!!!

I’m giving birth!!! In a few hours, I will be fully responsible for my little princess. There are going to be some adjustments... Whatever the case may be... I am ready for the next chapter in my life. I know that by nature, I’m a planner, now I have to live one day at a time and walk the path that the day is going to lead me to. I’m sure that this morning, Kyanne is getting all the attention that she normally wants. I’m sure the nannies are going to miss her. They are probably telling her that her mommy, daddy and sisters are coming to get her to start her new life.

That little girl doesn’t know what’s coming. Will she attach to us right way??? Will she want to be held by all of us or just one of us??? Will she cry on the flight home??? Who knows!!! Today is a new beginning for all of us. A day that from now on, there will be no more trying to plan ahead... I am letting everything go and will enjoy every moment. Good and Bad!

Landed in PAP on time. Everything went smoothly, when we got outside except the people trying to handle our luggage. One of the guys basically ran over me with Victor’s suitcase. I had to to scream STOP and get frustrated at one of them. They all stopped and apologised. When we got to the end of the strip where all the vehicles are parked, Nicole spotted James and she ran in his arms. She was so happy to see him after a year!
As I am writing, I have Kyanne sleeping beside me. She is perfect! She is sucking her little thumb and playing with her hair just like mama did when she was young. This is so cute.
Now the story on the Reunion... It goes something like this...Not as I wanted it to be but still the perfect little angle.

We got to the main house and I started to cry when I saw Melissa waiting for us in the driveway. I knew this was it. I ran to her to give her a big hug. She squeezed me really hard and said she was so happy that we were here. I went to the bathroom and got James to video tape and Susie, the monthly update coordinator to take pictures. I had everyone organized like I wanted LOL!
Not a second after I said we are ready, there she was coming out of the office. She stood there and just stared at us. Melissa handed her to me and she immediately opens her little arms toward Victor. We all tried to take her in our arms but she is already daddy’s girl. I was a bit disappointed however, I was happy that she was comfortable with one of us. I felt a little hurt but that is all me being selfish... I know she will eventually love us and know we are her family. This is all new to her and we need to give her time.
Nicole and Renée went to get Théo right away from the nursery. Renée had tears in her eyes. I think it got to her that he was not coming home yet and he should. They all should be with their forever families... Nathan, Clay...

I ran to the truck to get the doll I got for her and she threw it on the floor right away. So... what was I going to do? I was in no panic mode ... she just didn’t want to be with me right now... I knew she was my daughter and she will eventually come around. The question is just when????
You could tell that daddy’s heart has been taken. He’s just a natural with children. He is so calm and loving. With his big arms and chest... no wonder she wanted to be in his arms and not mine hahah!
I then had a bright idea! I went in the truck again to get the telephone Liette got her as a gift. As soon as I rattled the phone, her eyes turned towards me and she had her arms wide open. Liette saved the day!!! Thank you thank you Liette! Michno, a little boy who I got to know from the few times I’ve been to GLA. He is the oldest at the main house. He goes to the toddler house during the day, but comes back to the main house in the evening. He saw me with Kyanne and said: “Berline is leaving” from up in the balcony. When he saw me after downstairs, he said “Mama Berline with a big smile!”
Not even 15 minutes after, she was running to us and not being afraid. I was so happy and relieved to see her in my arms. It was really funny watching her little head turning each was looking for daddy. We only stayed 1 hr at the main house. It was Saturday and the office staff was not really working. They made an exception to greet us on Sat so we did not stay there long. We went to the guest house so we could get ready for supper. Nikki is in the US visiting her mom so Brandon was the chef for a few days and taking care of us. I was really excited to see the kids. They are greeted us with warm hugs. Kyanne did really good in the car. She was on daddy’s lap and was just staring with her beautiful brown eyes.
Kyanne’s first meal with us was Nachos. Brandon had a special one just for me with beans instead of hamburg. Nikki probably reminded him that I was vegetarian. Kyanne ate the one with the beans with me. She did pretty well at eating. She ate with her hands even tried out olives, sour cream and guacamole.
Right after our meal, Renée and I brought her upstairs for a bath. I wanted to turn on the shower to water the facecloth and the nozzle was pointing at me and I got all wet. We got her in the tub but did not put water. We just washed her with the facecloth. I did not want to scare her. She was saying a few words that I did not really understand. We got her all comfy in her pyjamas. She looked so good. Renée gave me lesson 101 on how to change a dipper properly. She works in a kindergarten so she’s a pro at it.
I can’t believe it’s only been a few hours and she is getting us to chase her around the house and she is laughing. What a happy little girl. She was playing with Kofi’s cars while Koffy was playing dress up with our shoes, scarves and hand bags LOL! She’s a smart little cookie. She watch us wiggle the car so it will drive on its own and took it from my hands and repeated what I did. Then the car got stuck under the couch and she lay down on the floor, tilted her head to look for it. Brandon was telling me that Nikki went often to the nursery to see Kyanne and she said she had my ways. Nikki said “she will be just like her mama”! That’s my girl!
So now both daddy and Kyanne are sound asleep in our bed. I must go to bed in case she wakes up and needs me. She’s sleeping between us. Brandon gave us Bailey and Kyleey’s room again and put the beds together for us.













No comments: