Wednesday, January 13, 2010

HAITI needs our help!

Yesterday, I went for a coffee with a friend of mine who is ready to go to the lawyer to have her dossier notarized. She has everything ready. We were all excited talking how 2010 was going to be an excellent year for our Haitian Adoption!!! We were more than confident that things were going to go faster. The Haitian Embassy left me a voice mail Monday, Jan 11th, 2010 to let confirm they have our dossier and it should be ready to leave in a few weeks for Haiti. I came home like usual, complaining about my winter blues and how hard it is to be in the cold. Instead of staying home yesterday evening and doing nothing but watching TV and refreshing my Facebook, I decided to go see Janie, my little niece that is 2 years old. I had fun with her. She is just a cutie pie!!! When I got home, first thing I did is login to Facebook and I was seeing some posting saying, so sad for the people in Haiti! I did not have a clue what was going on and then turned on to CNN to see the disaster.
January 12, 2010 - Magnitude 7.0 quake struck near capital Port-au-Prince shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday

http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/2010/01/12/earthquake-update-what-do-we-do/

http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/ - Post from Jan 13

I felt so helpless and guilty last night. Not knowing what to do. This morning, checked out the GAL website. I saw that some of the adoption parents from GAL (Gods Littlest Angels) setup a PayPal account to help Haiti. I did not hesitate one bit to make my donation. I’ve been refreshing the ChipIn tool and the contributions just keeps on growing!!! It feels so good knowing that I am home praying for them and that I have been able to make a contribution.
**************************************************************************
Haiti needs your help. You have a real connection. You can make a difference.
While God's Littlest Angels has been spared the worst of it, many other people in Haiti are not so fortunate (some being GLA family members.) GLA is still in need of water, fuel, food and materials to repair the building, and the staff is also very concerned about the logistics and continued ability to support their operating requirements. They also anticipate a great need to reach out to the community and help those around them by giving them food, supplies, building materials - and even being ready to take in babies who are in need of medical attention.
GLA is in the unique position to help. Right now. Given they have registered nurses, medical supplies, a generator and links to the outside world, they can have an immediate impact in Haiti and aid those in need. However, there is great responsibility with these actions and also the need for funds to support them.
GLA is launching what they are calling the 1000 x 1000 campaign (1000 people who get 10 friends to donate $100… we can all make a big difference together.) I am one of those 1000 people who is being asked to help raise $1000 for GLA/Haiti. I want to do this. I have a child in Haiti. This is a way I can make a difference. Would you help?
If you are willing to give $100, it will go a long way in helping GLA meet its goal.
Your money:
• Will allow them to care for the babies (my baby)
• Will help treat those in need in the community
• Will help GLA take in children who need urgent care.
• Is also TAX DEDUCTIBLE
Please DONATE TODAY: Earthquake PayPal Fund
This is not a time to be shy or remain anonymous. If you donate, let me know. Share with others and help get the word out!


No comments: