Monday, January 25, 2010

Headache week

January 20th, 2010, I got a call from a reporter at Radio Canada. She asked if I would do an interview for our adoption story. I was so happy that she called back. She was supposed to come meet us at our home last weekend but she did not have time to make it before the broadcast. I am kind of glad because I don’t think I would have been able to talk about Haiti last weekend. I was a complete mess.

Today was a very busy day. Started off with a killer headache but managed to get up and go to my interview. For some odd reason I was not nervous at all. I have never been interviewed in my life. Before the interview I went to get a coffee and read the new updates on FB, Yahoo group. There were a few. Minister Kenney said "We hope and expect the first group will be coming this weekend," Kenney told CTV's Canada AM Thursday. I was so excited when I read that. I know that my friend Melissa‘s children should be in that group.
So off I went for my interview. I arrived there and luckily had to do parallel parking in front of the building. If you live in Moncton and you know where Radio Canada is located… well let me tell you that it’s not a place for Sylvie to be doing parallel parking. I really felt bad for the car in front and back of me LOL but I managed to do it after going up on the bank of snow and spinning tires. The interview went really well. She did not really asked much about my thoughts on what the government is doing but touches more on our personal story. Once I got back to work, I got another call from reporter from CTV News. He asked if he could meet me outside my work place for interview. At 2 o’clock I was being taped by CTV News. I was really comfortable answering his questions. He said he was going to add me on facebook and when he sees that our case would progress, he would meet me for some update later on during this journey. I was not at work for 1 hour that he called me back that the recording was all lost. He asked if I could do this again. So I went from never being interviewed by media to 3 times in one afternoon. I feel confident that if we get our story heard with other adoptive parents, they will have to speed up the process in Haiti to bring those children home.

I don’t know if I have mentioned this yet or not in other post but we are 3 people at work that are adopting from Haiti. 2 of us are in the early stage and 1 that should have his daughter home very soon. Yesterday at lunch, my friend and I were working on our immigration papers to get that going and he got the call that his daughter was on the flight to Pittsburgh in US. We were so excited for him. That same evening he left for Toronto and am assuming that he is now in Pittsburgh. We’ll now have to wait and see how long it will take him to bring him to Canada. I am praying that everything will work out smoothly for them.

No comments: