Monday, January 25, 2010

First Haitian Children in Canada

The week did not start too good but at least my friends got some good news. One guy that I work with, the one i was talking about who flew to Pittsburgh to get her. She was the first Haitian to come to Canada. I was so happy to hear that she was home.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/930432


On Sunday January 24, 2010,another happy story, my friend Melissa Naugler and her husband came home with their 2 beautiful children from Haiti. Being at the airport last night was so emotional. It seemed so natural for them to great everyone at airport. They were calm and laughing. After seeing their arrival, I know that our turn is going to come. I know that we might have to wait a bit but she is defiantly coming home to us.


http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/01/25/nb-moncton-haiti-adoption-1057.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sylvie. My name is Elsie Hiebert and I remember you from the crazy Ghana thing. We had to let our little girl from Ghana go. It just was not going to work out. Anyway we are now still with Imagine and waiting for Ethiopia. I just wanted to let you know that our hearts are with you. I keep hoping and praying that they will let more children out of Haiti to willing families like you. Keep your hopes up. That's the only way to get through this crazy business of adopting internationally.