Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not going to let my obsession stand in the way

Let the battle begin! Since January 12, 2010, I’ve been glued to CNN and CBC news watching Haiti Footages. I’ve been emotionally affected by this tragedy. I’ve been praying hard for those children in the O to come home to their parents in Canada and other Countries around the word. One thing that I hadn’t done was putting myself in the same bucket of people. I’ve been just telling myself that when the Search and Rescue is over with and things start to come together in Haiti, our dossier will make its way there. Time fram??? Don’t know.

How can one morning FB inbox change my whole perspective on my thoughts! This morning, January 16, 2010, I was not able to get out of bed. My husband went to work and I was lying in bed with my 2 boxers, Sam&George. These wonderful dogs will not leave my sight. They will stay in bed with me until I decide to get up. They are always by my side giving me comfort. Well finally at 10:17 am, I forced myself out of bed. Like usual, I open my laptop and check my FB. I had 2 new inbox messages. It was from a friend of mine that I meat through adoption. Her emailed said, ‘call me ASAP ‘and the other email, said ‘call me call me call me’. I did not know what on earth she wanted. I know it had to do with Haiti but just didn’t know what had happend. She was talking really fast, telling me that we too were part of these families. She said she heard a report from DFAIT that they had 100 files on their desk from families that are in the process of adopting. My friend kept on repeating to me that we were one of those families. She said you told me that your file has already passed DEFAIT and it’s currently sitting at the Haitian Embassy in Ottawa. She said you have to believe and start acting on this. I was so emotional that I could not even talk. I was crying like a baby and my stomach was hurting so bad. I called my husband right away to let him know that we can do something to bring our baby girl home quicker than we thought.
An hour passed and my friend called me back when a CBC reporter waiting to talk to me. She took down our contact info and said she will be calling us for an interview. I then called CTV and they said that someone will be in touch with us as well for an interview. I am overwhelmed by everything that is going on this morning. Since this morning, I’ve been hearing reportage from Minister of Immigrations on CBC saying that they will allow Canadian families to bring home their children. They will make the process quicker and a priority.
I guess I will have to wait for Monday morning to start knocking on my MP’s door and try to push the situation.

1 comment:

Brendan and Mary said...

Wow Sylvie! We'll be thinking of you during this time. Our hearts are broken for everyone in Haiti right now...we just cannot imagine.

Take care,

Mary