Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Amazing Day!

Got up this morning all fresh and ready to face the world. Could be because I was in bed before 9pm last night LOL. When I got to work, my Dr. Office called and said they would donate medications for me to bring with me to Haiti. She said that I could take whatever I wanted!!! My dentist office also said they will donate toothbrushes... On top of all that, I’ve been receiving several emails from family and friends that I can go pickup donations. It’s such a good day! People are so generous!

Reading on GLA blog, I found this quote that fits well for all the people that are helping me make this Mission to Haiti work... “Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve…. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

I read Dixie’s blog this morning and she indicated that all the orphanages in Haiti that can do adoptions have met yesterday to get all the facts together. All the orphanages expressed that they as well had trouble with UNICEF. On a good note, they are saying that IBESR are allowing adoptions!!! At this point, they are not sure if it’s only the children that were in the orphanages before Jan 12, 2010. Please continue to pray that they will soon make the big announcement that adoptions are open again.

On my lunch break, I was reading my friend Angèle’s blog. I read her last post and had tears in my eyes. Her post was about my adoption. I am very lucky to have a friend like her. Like she indicated in her blog, we met during our CompuCollege days and seemed to have kept a connection. We don’t see each other often but I still consider her one of my dearest friends. Thank you so much Angele for the kind words...

If you want to read her post, here’s the link: http://wifelawyermother.blogspot.com/2010/03/amazing-person.html

No comments: