Friday, March 26, 2010

Out of the ditch and moving up again

I can't believe the news... As I was saying, first thing I do every morning is read Dixie’s blog. It started off with a depressing title... IBESR Refuses to give Authorization Papers for Children who have gone to their Adoptive Families…I was reading and all of a sudden got to the part that I’ve been waiting for. I started screaming at work and saying, OH MY GOD!!! Read the good part of her blog: After much talking, they did agree that we can do adoptions for NEW children who have come into the orphanage since 12 January 2010 if their parents have given them for adoption and signed before the judge. They also said if parents where deceased, then if we have a family consent for adoption we can proceed. I do not think we can do adoptions yet for abandoned children, but we do not have any abandoned children at this time.
So we will start giving proposals to families whose dossiers are already finished and in Haiti starting tomorrow.
We can start doing adoptions for any children still in Haiti. We must take those children down to IBESR for them to see the child. The orphanage will also be doing DNA on all children that are new to GLA so there can be no question that the parents are the parents. This is if we can find some place that is still doing the DNA exam!!

I am going to finish this post now because I .am too excited to stay at my desk. I am out to deliver the good news.

Here is the link of Dixie's blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to leave a comment to say that I am amazed by your positivity and resilience after you have just seemed to have so many setbacks on your adoption journey! I am sure you will find what you are looking for in Haiti and it will not be long until you are the proud mother of a beautiful Haitian child.

We initially wanted to adopt from Haiti but then the Earthquake struck. Luckily we were only in the 'planning' stages and had not yet completed the home assessment, etc. We are now adopting from Rwanda, but I like to keep in touch with what is going on with Haiti too.

Best wishes for your trip and please give all those little ones lots of hugs and kisses for me:)

All the best,

Hollie (in Halifax, NS)