Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haiti here I come!


Haiti here I come! This is it. After talking about going to do volunteer work for more than 20 months... I am finally doing it! I have to thank Jeanne, Nicole and Renée’s aunt that has accepted to come with me. I am so gratefully. She is as motivated as I am to get down there and help as much as we can.

We leave Moncton on April 4th and will return on the 15th. Last night, March 11th, we booked our flights. It was such a relief when we received the email notification of our flights. We will be going to GLA orphanage to help out sort the donations from the storage area, distribute the donations to nearby villages that need the supplies and ... help with the children. I am very happy that it’s finally happening but at the same time I am scarred. I know that I cannot prepare myself to what I am going to be exposed to, however I will try my best to stay focus and on track of why I am going there in the first place. I am going there to help. I’ve had a strong urge to do this for a long time but just did not know how I would get about doing it. I always thought that I was too fragile and too sensitive to be going to do humanitarian work. I thought it was only the people that were strong that could do this. Since we started with the adoption process, my personality changed. Being on a super scary roller coaster ride for the past 20 months, my husband and I had to make decisions that were not always easy to make. We both became stronger. We know that good things just don’t fall out of the sky. We both know that we have to work hard for what we want. At first I personally thought that someone was out there to get me. Just recently, I realized that God already has a pre-define journey for me. I am the one that has to choose to accept it or not. I am now capable to see beyond what we would call a bad situation or bad luck. I know that it happened for a reason and along my journey of life, if I pay close attention, I will be able to make sense of why that so called situation had happened.

So basically I have less than 4 weeks to get ready for Haiti. I’m sure you’ll hear of me more often in the next few days.

This is for you Liette: Trust me... I know “Things happen for a reason” LOL

4 comments:

Joy said...

This is very exciting! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Brendan and Mary said...

That is amazing! I can't wait to hear all about your incredible experiences!

A said...

I am SO SO happy for you. If you want something bad enough, it will happen. I've always thought you were a strong person Sylvie and I know that your journey will both be difficult and rewarding at the same time. The world needs more people like you. :)

I can't wait to read your upcoming blogs...

Angele, xo

Sylvie and Victor said...

Thanks for the comments! I am really looking forward for the upcoming weeks.