Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The power to Believe!

5 Days to go and I’m on my way to Haiti. It still doesn’t feel real! I was checking my blog this morning and realized that we were at the 21 months on my adoption journey. I still can’t believe it’s been that long.


Yesterday, March 29, 2010,  something amazing happened thanks to a wonderful and caring person. The other day, I saw Frank McKenna on Live at 5 talking about Haiti. He was there with an organization called OneXOne. If there is one person that I can say good things about, it would be him. He has a kind heart and seems to want to help the world. This wonderful person gave me his contact email. I emailed him and told me about our adoption story. Funny thing happened was that I drafted the email last Thursday evening till 1 am in the morning and prayed real hard for the adoptions to start moving again in Haiti. I know that he knows the right people and by him being already involved trying to help out in Haiti, he could possibly make a difference for the adoption process. The next morning, I read Dixie’s blog and discovered that adoptions were opening again. I guess my email was pretty powerful!!! I decided to still send him the email and that maybe at one point he would still be able to make a difference. In that same afternoon, I got an email from his assistant saying he would get back to me. Came back from lunch and he had already responded to my email. Like I had suspected, he is a very compassionate man. He basically told me that I was on the right track. He gave me a few pointers. He said to contact him after my mission to Haiti and he would see what he could do to help us out. I am telling you, since I stopped wishing and hoping, nothing but miracles has been happening around me. I now BELIEVE and DEMAND things to happen... and they actually do! Have a good one!

On another side note, I am still receiving donations. Yesterday, I got several bags of donations from Extra-Mural. A friend of mine that will be starting the adoption process soon came to see me today at work to drop off Orajel liquid and cash donation to bring to the orphanage. Thank You Thank You to everyone that are making a difference.

No comments: