Thursday, March 25, 2010

Donations!

Donations, donations, donations... 2 stops and I have my truck full of supplies. I went at my Dr. Office and they gave me 4 large bags full of supplies. She is such a generous lady. They made me go there on their lunch break and we passed all the rooms and took what we could find. After that visit, I slipped in to the Pharmacy next door and luckily, the manager was there. I explained to her where I was going and she gladly filled 2 bags of donations at the same time that I got my Malaria prescription filled out. It doesn’t mean that I will take it... It just means that I have it.

Oh and I contacted one of my high school friend that works for Air Canada to see what the situation would be if our luggage would be over the limit or extra baggage. He explained to me that Air Canada already made their contribution to Haiti by sending 7 planes filled with Cargo supplies for the residents of Haiti. As well, they let doctors and nurses fly for free to Haiti. So basically he told me that I was shit out of luck and we would have to pay the extra if we were over. Instead of getting all paranoid when I start packing, I went and bought a traveling scale. It’s small, cute and pink LOL!


To update you on the Orphanage situation, Dixie put a post for ‘Update Coordinator Position Open in Haiti’ Job description: I need a person who loves to take photos, can write a nice update about each child to send to their adoptive parents, can run the sponsorship program for school children, can work with excel worksheets for the sponsorship program and keep detailed records for the program. The position comes with a small stipend and free room and board.
Wow... I would be so perfect for that job! I have all the qualifications. I think I could pass the interview. I might just bring my résumé with me next week and see how it goes. I guess one can only dream. Hearing this is another step in the right direction. Every day, I hear some news about the adoption processes.

1 comment:

A said...

I love your new blog layout! Looks great!

How amazing that you got all those donations!! I'm sure everybody in Haiti will appreciate it SO MUCH.