Monday, May 16, 2011

Adoption approved by Dean in PAP

May 12, 2011


This morning I was up at 5am. I wanted to go down to the main house right away and see our baby girl. We waited till 7:30 and then I said let’s go! Victor was not confident that I was able to get us down there alone. He wanted to wait for the others but I said worry pas... follow me LOL! It was kind of funny because I had memorised the walk... Turn left, then right, then left and continue left. So when we got to the turn right... i asked him if we should go that way or the other right LOL! He looked at me with a empty cloud ... heheh! We did get there and went straight up to see Berline. She was still sleeping so I went to spend time with Djeff (Théo). We is such a sweaty. He loves to be held.



 Nikki preparing pancakes for breakfast at the guest house.


When Berline woke up, I asked the nannies if I was able to feed her. Well that did not go well at all. I don’t think one bite went in her mouth. Just on her clothes, face and mine LOL!


Before leaving for PAP, we decided to do a little photo shoot in White. We had fun!!!











Around 9 am, we left with Magalie and Theriault for Port-au-Prince to go to court. I thought Victor was going to have a heart attack. He was driving like a maniac. Our heads were spinning in the back. Half way down to PAP, we dropped off Magalie and she left us with the driver that we did not know at the time that he was actually the one who works on our adoption dossier with her.
When we finally arrived to court after 1 1\2 drive, we walked up to the entrance and we were refused. We were not dresses properly. I guess you cannot have shorts and tops with no sleeves. Nobody told us that. We left the orphanage and they all saw us... We sort of thought about it in our heads but because yesterday was so informal at Judge Bob, we did not really think that we were actually going to a government building. Theriault wanted to turn around and come back tomorrow. I said NO! We are going to stop and buy clothes. We were in Port – au – Prince, in the middle of the rumble and went inside a store, I bought a shirt and long black pants for $50 and Victor bought a pair of jeans on the side of the street. I looked like I had a Halloween costume on. The clothes did not fit that good.



We waited about 2 1\2 hours in line. Everyone was passing in front of us to see the Dean. It was crazy. Almost empty room and all of a sudden, about 20 people came with papers and they all go to see her before us. Finally we were next in line and next thing you know, someone got in front that slipped the guard some money in his pocket. When we finally sat down in her office, she asked us a few questions. She asked, why do you want to adopt, why did you chose Haiti, What do you do for a living, how will you be able to take care of her if you both are working. She then asked us for more pictures of Berline. Magalie had only put one picture in our dossier. Thank god I had my camera and had 300 pictures already LOL! She then smiled and told us we were approved. At that point, we were so relieved! Now our dossier goes into Parquet and Courts. We are praying hard that this wait will not be long. We need to bring our little princess home. When we got back in the truck, it was about 3pm. We had not gone to the bathroom, drank water or ate... We stopped on the side of the street for water and deep fried banana... yum yum!


After that painful day, our little sweet girl, Théo and Nathan were waiting for us to start the Birthday Party! They are all turning 1 year old. Théo’s birthday was actually the day before. His’s was very special. It was funny to see their reaction with the cake. Théo did not like it at all. I think he was scared by the whole thing. Berline on the other hand was intrigue.











When we got to the guest house, our evening was not over. We had to have a slumber party with Baillee and Kaylee. These girls have so much energy. Last year Koffee was too little. This year, he really opened up to us. He’s such a great boy.





No comments: