Sunday, May 22, 2011

Matches Made in Heaven

This is why I need to keep focused on and stay on track :) xoxoxxoox
**************************************

Posted by Holli at GLA
Several times a day I think to myself “I can’t believe I get to do this!”. Some days I think to myself, “I can’t believe I’m seeing this”. Overall my feelings are that I cannot believe I get to experience this life.

I’ve mentioned that one of the things I feel privileged to witness is to see a family meet their child for the first time. Joy, joy, joy is this overwhelming emotion radiating from the parents. It’s contagious. You catch it and imagine the world stretched out before them! Happy beginnings, and I get to be there! How lucky am I?

The remarkable thing is how God orchestrated their lives to intersect. Its one of the hardest things to witness a mother give up her child. It wrenches the heart. But how great is the moment they are united with a family God has selected for them. That moment is sweet. And it never fails to amaze me how naturally the child fits into the family, like a lost puzzle piece.

This week Berline’s family is at GLA for the next step in their adoption. Berline is one of our babies that is constantly cheerful and always smiling. And so are her parents! It’s been a delight to watch them together. It’s obvious to anyone watching that they are a family already, that God intended her for them from before she was born. Its these moments that make all the hard work and emotions worth the while.

No comments: